Chapter Five: Party

Such a drag, I mentally screeched as I laid my head on my desk. My classes had lagged for so long that day, I could have sworn I was going to die. This teacher was droning, the day was hot, and the classroom itself felt suffocating. I somehow ended up taking a nap. .

As I was waking up, my name was being called.

"Hey [ ], did you hear?" a classmate of mine, Flan, asked me.

"Huh? No what's up?" I asked and wiped the sleep out of my dead eyes.

"Arra said she was going to throw a party on Friday night. Bring anyone you want, it's an open invite." she smiled. I faked a smile and a polite nod, knowing I could care less.

To be honest, Arra looks like a total snob, and snobs throw otherworldly parties. Eh. I guess I'll go. Can't hurt with free food on the line, right?

"Hey! Mask!" I called out to my best friend in the woods.

His head popped out of the foliage, "What's up, dweeb?"

"Wanna be my date to this party?" I asked in a joking manner. He swooped down and took my hands into his with such enthusiasm.

"Of course! I'd love to be your date! Who would not, with one such as your beauty?"

He might have taken it as a marriage proposal. This isn't a friggin' drama, mah dude.

"Ha ha ha. That was so funny, I forgot to laugh." I droned sarcastically with a little sneer.

"But you were laughing. Do you have amnesia, my dear?" he asked in a phony posh accent. I shoved his hands away from mine and playfully punched his shoulder.

"Okay, enough with the after school special! Seriously, if we were to go to a party, would you be, like, my date?" I asked him, crossing my arms over my chest. He nodded his head hesitantly.

"You sure?"

"Not really, but I wanna see you smile more often."

The familiar beam of happiness spread across my lips and I lightly kissed his masked cheek.

My curiosity took over me and I had to delve, "But I do have a question. Please be honest and in turn, I'll answer anything and everything you ask of me."

Once again, that hesitance flooded his body language, but he slowly agreed.

"Alrighty then. Why do you wear that mask?" I asked him, getting closer, examining it.

"Because it's a hobby!" he laughed.

"Can I wear it then?" I used my puppy eyes on him.

"No. It's mine!" he pouted like a child and turned his head.

"Meanie!" I exclaimed and was prepared to walk off.

"Wait up, [ ]!" Masky called out to me. I turned on my heels to face him, crossing my arms again.

"Yes?" I prompted him to continue, expecting him to say something else.

"Oh, when do you want me to be your date?" he asked.

"This Friday night." I responded.

"Okay. See you in two days, love." he chuckled slightly. My heartbeat rose and I could feel my head getting all inflated with the sweet words. Damn smooth talker. We said our goodbyes for the day and went our separate ways.

As yes, Friday was amongst us.

It was a Friday night, the day of the party and I forgot I was grounded... but the food is what I was sneaking out for. Gotta take my purse to shove food into... maybe take a jacket with inside pockets? Oh, so many choices.

"Oooh. Sneaking out seems so unlike you, [ ]!" Masky cooed, almost in a mocking tone.

"Oh whatever!" I stuck out my tongue and pushed him as I exited out of my window and onto the green grass below from the second story. He followed shortly after I jumped. We walked in silence to the trashed party.

"Holy. Shit." I heard Masky whisper. Only then did he take off his mask and tuck it into his jacket. Stealing a glance, his face was heavenly. As we walked in through the front door, I felt a bit awkward as other people looked at us like convicts.

I glanced at Masky's face to try and ease myself. Yoooo he's kinda cute. I couldn't believed he'd allow me and others no less to look at him. His brown hair all tousled. He looked very cute. At that point, I somehow felt like Scott Pilgrim.

Gosh, stop being a nerd-a "dweeb"-for a min, [ ]!

I decided to scan for my classmate Flan. In the far corner, I found her. I waved to the idiot as she talked to some other girls. Only minutes later did the motion of my hand catch her attention. She practically trampled other wasted people on the floor on her way towards me.

"Damn! Your guy is hot, [ ]! Where'd ya snatch him?" she oogled at Masky seductively. He chucked and shyly and denied being "hot". His piercing blue eyes shifting around everywhere.

"Here, celebratory drinks to you and your boy. Go have fun! Go, go!" Flan giggled, handed us a can for each, and ran off. I'm pretty sure she was drunk already. Masky opened his and took a swig.

"You can have mine. I'm gonna go find a bottle of water." I said and left him with two cans of beer. He shrugged and took it either way.

The next morning, I woke up with such a headache.

"Oh shit. What the crap hap- holy fu- ow!" a round of pains hit me like a fucking bus. My head was pounding and... In the middle of grabbing my head, my eye caught something kinda horrific.

I saw his hair and audibly gasped. My head was still killing me, but now I was pale and freaking out.

"Don't worry. We didn't hook up. Like that at least." Masky chuckled as he groaned, stretching. I got up slowly and noticed I was only in my undergarments with a large T-shirt that could very well belong to Masky.

"Hey, where are we? My mom's going to kill me if I'm not-" I cut myself off mid-sentence as I noticed I was in my room.

"Hey! Are you fuckin' sure we didn't?!" I grabbed my head and lowered myself to the floor in pain.

"Shut up. No we didn't, but, unless you want to." he smirked as he got up. He was a hot mess. Damn him. I was in pain and he was there lookin' like a hot mess. Nice build, buddy.

I kinda did wish he did do something last night. He's so damn gorgeous... No stop your thoughts, dumbass!

"Wait, so where's my mom? Did I get back here on time or what happened exactly?" I asked as I squinted.

"Oh, your parents left to go golf. I stayed up for a while and kept watch all night, so you better thank me." he explained as he picked up his belt, "By the way, change back into your clothes so I can dress again."

He pointed at the shirt I was wearing.

"Wait, I need some ibuprofen or something. This is something I'd never felt before." I was beginning to think I had gotten batshit wasted.

"You took the life of a party girl. Congrats." Masky sarcastically awarded me with a light head-pat.

"Oh fuck... I killed someone?!" I inquired in pure horror.

"Bad choice of words on my part, sorry. I meant you got drunk." he covered himself.

I nodded and took a seat on my bed, "Wait, then why am I in your shirt?"

"Unimportant. You're just a natural-born perv when drunk."

"Oh my God, I came onto you, didn't I?"

"Shhh, unimportant... but yes."