Chapter Six: Sleep Deprivation Kiss

I woke from such a sweet dream due to my "alarm" going off.

"Crap," I muttered and looked at the clock. It was barely three in the morning, "Luna, go to sleep." I whispered to the animatronic baby. Taking that class was a huge mistake. Child development was supposed to be easy, some senior had told me last year. Hahaha I'm losing my mind as I'm losing my sleep.

I'd signed up for the damn class just for the credits. The class was going well till the other day. All students were assigned the little dolls as a test grade. On the "bright side" we got to name them. Yeah right. "Bright side" my ass, Mrs. Rosa.

I was assigned a little girl and when she told us to switch them on, the class erupted in a bunch of sweet baby coos. Everything seemed like it was going well as the teacher explained the cries and their meanings. She had briefly mentioned they would wake us up every night to drive us off the deep end and possibly kill us, but the bell had rung. The other classes were kinda important as opposed to listening to how I was supposed to hold the doll posing as a baby and how I was supposed to burp it or whatever.

We were also given special food that the doll would "eat" and other special necessities the doll would need later on. The shittiest part is that we had to log the times it cried and everything it did and how we took care of the problem. Our evaluation would later be graded after a small demonstration with the basic care for the doll. I have to take care of the damn doll for a whole week before we have to take the doll back. Just a day in and I was ready to quit. There was a reason I wasn't a teen mom: these little demons are completely shitty to deal with.

When I met up with Masky, he made a shit ton of jokes and I was ready to kick his ass.

"This is for a major test grade in..." I snapped my fingers and tapped my forehead, as I tried to remember what class it was for, "Oh, it's on the tip of my tongue!"

I stomped my foot in utter frustration. Masky then started laughing at me and I punched him in the arm.

"I think you're looking for "child development class", [ ]." Masky breathlessly laughed out. Glad to know my suffering is where he got his jollies.

After the stupid jokes, we started talking about other stuff. There somewhat was a silver lining to hanging out, I guess. Masky began getting used to not having his mask in around me. It was pretty nice in my opinion.

"I've had this damn alarm all day. Today, I was taking a test in geometry, and this dammed thing kept crying. I had to take it out of class and into the bathroom. I did everything I could and it didn't shut up till an hour later." I rolled my eyes and sat down on a log under a tree. Masky sat next to me and threw an arm around my shoulders and looked at the demonic doll I carried. I leaned my head into the crook of his neck and closed my eyes. I needed the fuckin' rest.

"Children grow so fast." a familiar voice mocked us. My eyes shot open to look up at Hood.

"Shut up and let me sleep." I moaned and threw a twig in his direction. Masky explained about the project and how I was doing it for a grade.

"You guys are weird. And Mask, make sure you keep your mask on at all times." Hood shouted.

"Why? I kinda like being free from the stuffy mask." he smiled at me. I smiled back almost deliriously.

Masky kept staring at the doll and seemingly ignored Hoodie, "Boy? Girl?"

"Girl, sadly. I heard the male dolls are way quieter." I answered him. We continued our conversation about the doll and why I named her Luna, "She drives me crazy like a lunatic."

He looked up at me, "Well, I think that's a beautiful name for the baby. It sort of fits her."

Only then, in the quiet of the forest, I noticed that the baby was quiet. I checked the battery and it was perfectly fine.

"The forest is a beautiful and quiet place where time itself is stopped. It is also the place where things can be firsts." Masky said. Confused, I turned to look at him and he smiled.

Oh my-! Did he really just... Oh my gosh...

I felt his lips on mine and I got all warm and fuzzy. I was a blushing bright mess. He had kissed me. He actually fudgin' kissed me! I probably looked like a mess. I could feel the blood pulsating in my head. We shared a tender embrace and I kissed his cheek.

"I've liked you for a while now. I was just waiting for you because I was feeling a little sad. I was thinking you wouldn't like me back, but I'm glad you do!" we kept the embrace in the nice, quiet forest while we both held the baby. We probably looked like a family, haha! Eww, futures.

Don't think that far ahead. The simple warmth of another person and ensnaring their affection was the only thing that mattered for now.

...

...

...

...

...

...

Then Luna started crying.