Together Ever Since

Rey

Rey nervously inspected herself in the bathroom mirror a final time.

Her fingers anxiously raked through slightly wavy, long brown hair before sliding down to her pronounced cheek bones.

Hazel eyes framed by thick lashes frowned back at her, the green in them seeming to pop due to the olive colored dress she was wearing.

The day after Rey had made up her mind about wanting to meet her parents, Ben had taken it upon himself to go to their location and reveal that their daughter actually was on Al Sed Dur, despite what he had told them previously.

He apologized, saying that he only did it out of the best intentions for his wife to allow her to make her own choice, and a date was picked for the family to meet.

Ben had told Rey the entire encounter at dinner that night after they both had finished work. Rey was so pleased with her husband that she leapt on him, causing them to not have time to finish their meal before the two of them ran into their bedroom.

So here she was, in a dress Ben had bought her and waiting to meet her parents.

Rey came out of the bathroom and went to the kitchen.

Ben's back was to her as he stood over the stove in his navy blue dress shirt.

She hung back for a little, admiring the view.

Rey always thought he looked incredibly sexy when he was cooking, his muscles bulging at his sides and his dark eyes focused.

She could watch him like that forever.

And she knew she would.

Rey loved the afterlife they had. Ben was the sweetest, most caring husband to her.

He treated her amazingly with the utmost care and respect, spoiling her constantly with gifts and showering her with the affection the two of them had wanted so badly for so long.

There was no one else she wanted to spend eternity with.

Rey walked behind him and hugged his arm to her chest. "Smells delicious. Thank you for doing this, baby."

Ben smiled down at her and kissed the top of her head. "I'd do anything for you, my darling wife."

Rey beamed as she released his arm to turn off the stove. He turned around shortly and admired the way the green material fell against her hips.

"Do you like it?" She twirled for him.

"You look beautiful as always, my angel. I knew you'd look good in green." Ben pulled her into his arms before lowering his lips to her ear, his voice at a volume reserved only for her.

"But I also know you'd look even greater out of it."

Rey felt goosebumps crawl across her skin as she feigned a look of annoyance despite the warmth in her cheeks, before sliding her arms up to his neck.

"You're a scoundrel, Ben Solo."

"That's why you like me. There aren't enough scoundrels in your afterlife."

Rey's hazel eyes glittered mischievously. "I happen to like nice men."

"I'm a nice man." He grinned slyly as his face inched nearer to her's.

Their lips were so close she could feel his breath warming her skin.

She smirked indignantly. "No you're not, you're-"