Chapter 8

Zhou RenShu stood close to Liu Yong inside the elevator but curiously stared around the small space with his large eyes, when the elevator dinged he went to exit thinking they had arrived at the lobby but Liu Yong held him back. Two people entered then the doors closed again. "Handsome, I got held up last night so I wasn't able to meet. I hope I didn't break your heart too much."

Liu Yong looked at the woman and gave a cold smirk before turning back ignoring her, Zhou RenShu only saw the exchange between the two as flirting instead of Liu Yong not being bothered to deal with the annoying woman. The woman stepped closer so that she wasn't talking over someone and caught sight of Zhou RenShu. "Oh, who is this? Don't tell me he's your son, you don't look a day over 30."

"I'm not his son." Zhou RenShu spoke softly as he tried to sound intimidating, he also stepped closer to Liu Yong leaving no gap between their arms. The woman looked at Zhou RenShu with a sweet smile as if she was introducing herself to a child. Zhou RenShu was the same height as the woman but in heels the woman looked down at Zhou RenShu. "You're very cute, tell me, how do you know Mr Handsome?"

"Leave him alone." Liu Yong's cold voice chilled the elevator and once the doors opened the quiet stranger was the first to leave. The woman quickly closed the doors and stood close to Liu Yong, her breasts almost touching the expensive suit on Liu Yong's slim yet firm CEO body. "I haven't introduced myself, I'm Wang Ling. I can feel how strong your cultivation is and I believe we would make a good pair since I also have strong cultivation. Here's my card and you can contact me anytime, for any reason."

Wang Ling pressed the button to open the elevator and lightly patted Zhou RenShus short hair before stepping out. Liu Yong didn't bother to look at the card as he slid it into his pocket. Outside the hotel Liu Yong called a taxi and they were dropped off near the C&D protection unit Precinct where Liu Yong worked. "We'll be driving to another city so we'll take my car." Walking down into a parking garage Zhou RenShu walked with rushed steps to keep up with Liu Yong until they arrived at a sleek 2 door Bentley. "Is this a company car?"

"No, I bought this." If this is living comfortably then what's living in luxury? Both men entered the car and they made their way to S city. When Zhou RenShu asked why they would be driving to S City, Liu Yong only answered with Wu Yun.

_ _ _ _ _ _

The drive took almost 2 hours, this was the first time Zhou RenShu had been out of the main city and he kept his wide eyes open, not wanting to miss anything. The scenery around them changed from busy city life with tall buildings to sparse shops and housing, large paddocks filled with either livestock or crops filled in the space between each house. Liu Yong knew it was going to be a waste of time coming all the way out to S City for a case that was 450 years old, but he needed to at least see the site for himself and find what happened to the parents of the dead snake demon. At the end of the road, Liu Yong turned towards a small group of houses sitting next to a stream.

"Stay in the car." Liu Yong didn't wait for a response as he stepped out of the car, locking the doors. Zhou Renshu could only fiddle with the various buttons and look around curiously. A handful of people came out when they noticed the expensive car sitting by their house, no youthful faces appeared and instead Liu Yong stood in front of a crowd full of wrinkles. "Who is the oldest person here?"

"Tell us who you are first." An elederly woman with a hunched back craned her neck, but could only see Liu Yong's chin. The crowd eyed Zhou RenShu sitting in the car by himself before turning to look back at Liu Yong. "I'm an officer working for C&D protection, I'm here working on a case involving this piece of land."

The group whispered to one another before two new people joined the crowd, unlike everyone else they looked no older than 45. Liu Yong took one look at the couple before he was ushered to the side and led into a small house. There was only one room and Liu Yong had to keep his back hunched if he didn't want to hit his head. The couple looked at each other before the woman burst into quiet sobs. "Your Wang She's parents."