Chapter 7

"What did you say?" Liu Yong turned over to face Zhou RenShu again, his heart involuntarily quickened at the mention of that name. Tears welled up in Zhou RenShu's eyes again as he remembered what happened in his dream though deep down he knew it wasn't a dream, but in fact a memory. "I saw him at the orphanage, the woman and him did things to other snake demons at the orphanage. They were holding white jade stones too."

Liu Yong thought over what he was told. 37 years ago Wu Yun had a meeting with the head of a demon orphanage to help set up safety seals to hide the land from dangerous cultivators. Could that be the same orphanage Zhou RenShu came from?  "Did Wu Yun do anything to you?"

Zhou RenShu answered back in a whisper as he recalled the memory from all those years ago. "No, but he saw me. I was playing outside and was following a frog when I heard a child crying so I followed in case I could help. When I looked through the window their face was a mix of purple, blue and grey. Wu Yun saw me but the priest pulled me away. When we got back to his office he scolded me heavily then put the seal on me to hide people from knowing I was a snake. After that day I didn't go out unless I was forced."

The trembling returned as Zhou RenShu shrunk in on himself, his thick tears wetting the sheet underneath him. Liu Yong silently placed his palm over the nape of Zhou RenShu's cold neck, after a few seconds the cold body began to warm up and Zhou RenShu slowly stopped crying, his breathing also regulated as he fell into a dreamless sleep. Liu Yong kept his hand on Zhou RenShu's neck for the rest of the night. During that time he never fell back asleep, for hours he thought over the Wu Yun he thought he knew compared to the Wu Yun he came to hate. What's so good about immortality? Haven't we lived long enough already Wu Yun?

_ _ _ _ _ _

The next day Liu Yong got out of bed and packed their things, Zhou RenShu only had three changes of clothes, his pajamas and one pair of shoes. When Zhou RenShu woke up he seemed a little dazed and quiet but the events from last night seemed to be somewhat of a blur for him. Liu Yong packed the last of his things into his suitcase then turned towards Zhou RenShu."Take your clothes off, you'll be traveling in your snake form but you won't be going inside the glass case again."

Zhou RenShu did as he was told, still dazed then stood in front of Liu Yong butt naked. The clothes were placed inside the suitcase and Liu Yong turned back to see Zhou RenShu still standing in front of him naked. "Change into your snake form then we can go."

"I'm sleepy." Zhou RenShu's eyes closed slowly as if he would fall asleep right there, Liu Yong retrieved the small green vial again and placed a drop on his finger then pushed his finger past Zhou RenShu's pink lips, catching the pale yellow snake with his other hand. The transformation seemed to be too much and Zhou RenShu was sleeping whilst laying in Liu Yong's warm hand.

After hearing Zhou RenShu talk about what happened at the orphanage, Liu Yong decided to turn his attention to snake death files and see if there was a pattern with the cases and where Wu Yun had turned up. With his suitcase in hand and a sleeping snake in his summer coat pocket, Liu Yong left the hotel.

There was one last luxury hotel in the city and Liu Yong made his way there by taxi, by the time he was walking towards the elevator it seemed like Zhou RenShu had, had enough rest as he slithered out of the deep pocket and up Liu Yong's sleeve before poking his head out next to Liu Yong's collarbone. As the doors were closing a slender arm poked forward, causing the doors to open again. Liu Yong was in disguise again and he had also placed a seal on Zhou RenShu in the taxi to stop others from recognizing he was a snake demon in both his snake form and human form. The seal from before was strong but could still be detected however once Liu Yong gave him the object in his cultivation bag no one would be able to detect the seal on Zhou RenShu's body.