Chapter 5

Over the next week Wu Yun never showed up at the hotel as did his clients. This frustrated Liu Yong since it felt like Wu Yun was dragging him around on a very long and tangled leash. With each passing day the frustration Liu Yong was feeling became more evident on his face and attitude. Zhou RenShu was a little slow at times and it took him a while to realise Liu Yong was in a sour mood. What made him realise this was at noon after Liu Yong snapped and stormed out of the room, all Zhou RenShu had done was ask what they would be having for lunch.

Zhou RenShu held the menu he had trouble reading in his small hands while he looked at the door sadly. Liu Yong strode out of the hotel in a bitter mood. Liu Yong prided himself on having immense control over his emotions but recently it felt like he was losing control all because of Wu Yun. he finally calmed his racing mind after walking around the busy streets and made his way to the closest phone store.

There hadn't been another phone call since that night but Liu Yong couldn't allow Wu Yun to continue to have the upper hand. On the way to the store he threw the phone into a restaurant bin. He also bought Zhou RenShu a pair of winter socks, even though it was the middle of summer, the small boy struggled with regulating his temperature, leading him to have constantly cold hands and feet.

Back in the room Zhou RenShu was trying to read the menu he still had grasped in his hands, Liu Yong made sure to never discuss work with Zhou RenShu therefore he thought his lack of skill in reading was the reason behind Liu Yong getting angry. Liu Yong had been booking into luxurious and high end hotels so far, the menus that came with such an expensive room of course couldn't be something simple.

The starter page although difficult was manageable but once the page was turned Zhou RenShu struggled to read the first word water chestnut, resulting in his face turning red as he tried to will the words to change into easier symbols. After spending an hour struggling to finish the second page Zhou RenShu could now turn the page to find a list of desserts.

During the two weeks that Zhou RenShu had been staying with Liu Yong, he had never been given a dessert. By the time Liu Yong returned Zhou RenShu was sitting cross legged on the bed clutching onto the phone while he struggled to read out loud from the menu in his lap. Zhou RenShu had placed Liu Yong's order first because he was able to recite Liu Yong's order off by heart, since Liu Yong tended to eat the same thing without care.

When it came to reading off of the menu, the words coming out of Zhou RenShu's mouth sounded more like gibberish than basic Manderin. Liu Yong listened to the nonsense string of words trying to decipher what the boy was ordering, he figured the worker on the other side of the phone was doing the same since a frown appeared on Zhuo RenShu's face. "No, I want the sweet onion cake with pickled fruit."

After the third attempt the order was finally made and Zhou RenShu noticed Liu Yong had returned. "I ordered lunch so you don't have to Liu Yong."

En. Liu Yong walked forward and handed the woolen socks to Zhou RenShu, he had never felt the need to apologize to anyone before, making Liu Yong feel a little awkward as he gazed down at the small body in front of him. "I wasn't angry because of you, don't stress about useless things okay."

Zhou RenShu happily took the socks and quickly put them onto his cold feet, the tops of the socks hung around his ankles because his legs were so skinny but this didn't concern Zhou RenShu. Liu Yong felt a little better seeing Zhou RenShu enjoy his small present; he also felt at ease with the new phone sitting in his pocket.

In addition to seeing the new socks Liu Yong felt it would be best if he ordered clothing for Zhou RenShu seeing that they would be spending an unknown amount of time together. "RenShu after lunch we'll order clothes for you, even if you don't leave the hotel you can't continue to stay wearing a robe."