Chapter 1

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

New York city. The city that never sleeps. I hate it....so damn much. Too crowded for me. And noisy. It sucks I had to move here from Chicago since my mom found a new job in this weird ass city. I miss all my friends and I have to go to a new school. Great. Somehow I wish I didn't move. My dad passed away from a car accident when I was just 6 years old. Times were tough since that happened. Things were never the same for me at all. Despite the move making things worse, I realize things are about to get weird. It was Sunday night, and tomorrow I start school. I was watching the news while binge eating on junk food. The usual showings on any news such as heartwarming stories, accidents, murders, and so on is being shown on the screen. Didn't interest me much. That is until the news instantly switches to something unusual. The female reporter was talking so hyper like, she sounded as if she's about to have an emotional crisis . "This is April O' Neil reporting to you live! There has been a sighting of what looks like four mutated turtles in the shadows jumping from building to building! As you can see here in this picture, you can see their silhouettes clearly! According to the witnesses, they were last seen saving nearly 25 hostages from a bombing at a local bank from a gang called the foot clan! Whoever those creatures are, we'll find out sooner or later about them. As for the attacks that had been happening lately, please! Stay in your homes until further notice! This is April O' Neil signing off!" my eyes were glued to the screen on what I just saw. Really? Giant turtles? Ha! They may be teens pulling a prank or something. Who cares? I sure hell don't! I see it as fake news and a hilarious one at that! I checked the time, and it was 11:30 PM. I turned off the television, and went to sleep. School is gonna be a pain. The next day came, and I started my first day of school. To be honest, I gotta say. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. 18 year old me suddenly liking a new school that isn't shitty like my other high school that doesn't teach a damn thing. The people there were kinda nice, except for a few because I'm always into gaming, music, art, reading, anime, and especially comic books. Yes. I'm a nerdy type of gal. but it doesn't matter to me. Nothing negative affects me anyway. I made a few friends that have the same interests as me though. How fun. I hung out with them after my first day, and it was something. After hanging out for a bit, I got a text from my mom. "Hi honey! I switched my schedule for night shifts. So from now on, I'll be home around midnight. Love you! Get home safely! And be careful!" I texted her back that I will. I started walking home since I didn't need a ride at all. The school isn't that far from home. As I was walking, I noticed the city got quiet. Never realized it till now. "Hmm. guess everyone went home because of the attacks." I shrugged and I kept on walking. I took out my headphones to hear music until I bumped into someone by accident causing my headphones to fall from my hand. "Hey! Watch where you're going!" the figure looked at me with a subtle look. It had a hat and a trench coat on. Not showing its face at all. "Well? Aren't you gonna apologize or not!?" The figure looked down at my headphones, and picked them up, giving them to me slowly. "Sorry..." it said with a soft tone. I noticed it had....three fingers. three....Green....slimy fingers.... I grabbed my headphones and thanked the mysterious stranger. It nodded its head, and walked on. I turned to look wondering. "Who is that person? Never met a stranger who was so nice to me before. Usually I encounter mean people but....this is totally different." I got home, and I kept thinking about this mystery figure. It was much bigger in size compared to a regular human being. Like six feet. Maybe more. If I bump into that stranger again, I could take a screenshot on my phone to know who it is. Guess I got a mission to find out myself.

End of P.O.V