Chapter Four

"Wait what is this?", he says when he sees something on the bed.

"Open it.", I just say and sit down.

Dan goes over to the neatly packaged box on the duvet and also sits down: "I am so confused babe. What are you doing?"

"It's nothing weird just open it!", I respond and push the box towards him.

He squints his eyebrows before untying the bow. While he does that, I begin to explain: "So you know how the positive line didn't work out because of Richard? I decided to make my own positive line."

Dan unwraps the whole thing and right before he is about to lift up the tissue he looks up at me: "Babe what did you do?"

I just nod towards the present and right as he finally sees the test hiding underneath it, I say: "Well, two positive lines actually."

His mouth drops when he picks up the test and looks at it up close: "Wait. You're pregnant? Like for real pregnant?" I nod once again and smile: "I really am. I took two tests. Both positive."

"Holy shit. Holy fucking shit. You're pregnant!", he exclaims and pulls me in for a hug. Dan quickly releases the hug and grabs my face, kissing it, causing me to be pinned down to the bed. I laugh as he starts kissing my belly in excitement: "Love, stop it. You're basically only kissing my chub there's still nothing to see, really."

"I don't care I love it, I love you.", he places another kiss on my tummy, "I love you."
I giggle and pull him up to my face: "Are you happy?"
"Are you kidding? I am so happy. So so happy. But more importantly: how do you feel? Do you need anything, are you happy, are you excited? How did you even properly find out and when? Who knows? Tell me everything. "

After telling Dan every little detail from peeing on the stick to Phil and I struggling to tie a pretty bow for the gift, he stands up and comes around the bed to come over to me and crouches down in front of me, taking my hands: "Y/N, look at me. I promise to make this as pleasant and easy and comfortable as possible for you. Whenever you need something, just tell me please. I'll do anything, even if you want me to lay off work."

"Thank you so much, you're the sweetest. I love you."

Later that evening we all sit in the lounge and eat the dinner Phil brought home while also talking about what is ahead of us. When Phil came home earlier they both fell into each other's arms and hugged for the longest time, just showing how truly excited they are.

Back in our bedroom at around midnight, Dan and I are both sitting on our phones, him suddenly asking: "How do you think it happened, you are on birth control after all."

I laugh: "You know how sloppy I got with it because of the time difference in New York and the jetlag back home."

"Right. Look, something good did come out of your time there.", he grins and kisses my head.

I look up at him and smile. He is right. After the line fell through with Richard I was really upset about it for a while but I know that it is for the best. So Fleur and I decided to renovate my new studio in London a little bit, which didn't take long with the help of friends. Occasionally, we would work and meet up there, planning future projects. But in reality, nothing really speaks to me as much as the "positive" line, which we can't use anymore since there is this a contract with Richard's brand.

"Hey, what are thinking about?", he wonders and tucks my hair behind my ear.

I sigh: "Just everything. The line, the brand, the future and the stress."

"Don't stress yourself out, it's not healthy for you. What exactly are you stressed about?"

"How I'll manage everything like the wedding on top of the pregnancy and how are we even gonna tell everyone?", I grab my temples.

"Let's just go to your gynecologist first and figure everything out from there okay? We don't even know how far along you'll be on our wedding and we can of course postpone it if you want."

"No, no. I don't want that. The date is important to me and I think I'll only be just over three months then. I mean I didn't miss my period last month it's super early."

Dan and I's wedding is actually already in just a few months because we have the perfect date, the day we first saw each other, picked out and we wanted to keep it really intimate and small, with just the closest people to us, so it wasn't much to plan with the help of a professional.

Now Dan sighs: "I don't know how but trust me...", he comes closer to me, "... we'll be fine."