Chapter Five

The next day I call my doctor and get an appointment just a few days later. During these couple of days, Dan and I spend a lot of time talking about our plans for the future, which quite honestly are really overwhelming.

"But we have to discuss that, love.", Dan sighs while he stands in the kitchen and prepares us some food one morning.
"I know, I know. But it's too much for me to plan everything right now. Why can't we just let things happen and chill for a second. Maybe enjoy this time while no one knows?" This last sentence kick-starts another ramble of Dan's. When will we tell everyone else? Will be tell anyone? What about the wedding? Or my dress that I've already picked out? Are we going to stay here when the baby comes? In London or on the countryside? With Phil or without?

"And we have to think about a name too, like I want it to be special and meaningful but unique but also not Kardashian-esque-"
I cut him off: "Babe, I'm begging you. Please. Please stop, you're stressing me out so badly. Most of these things we don't even have to think about right now. Especially not a name. What happened with just waiting until we went to the doctor?" Dan sits down opposite of me: "I'm sorry, I'm just worried we won't do everything right, you know?" I take his hand: "I know, I do. But you have to relax a bit, do it for me please." He sighs and kisses my hand before going to the stove again: "Can we at least tackle one thing at a time instead of just putting it off."
I laugh: "Comes from the king of procrastination himself."
"Don't laugh at me. You're my top priority right now and forever.", he smiles.

That is definitely the truth. Ever since we found out, he hasn't left my side, providing every single thing I would ever need right when he finds something new to take care of me with. As much as I appreciate it, I am not only his top priority right now, but surly his only one. Dan's only focus is me, he hasn't replied to any texts or emails. Nor has he posted on social media ever since, resulting in people being suspicious. Especially his fans keep tweeting him if he's okay and end up creating conspiracy theories. He actually thought about dropping an engagement announcement but now decided not to because of all of the attention that will create on us and possibly my pregnancy. All of these thoughts are making me get a headache: "Ok, ok let's tackle on thing at a time. My priority is telling family and friends before anyone could find out some other way.

"Yes, yes definitely. But at what time do you tell someone?"

I think and sigh: "See, love. We don't know anything. We should really talk to the doctor first before making any decisions. I want to do everything right as well."

He rubs his head: "Alright, at least we do know that we want to know our family and friends first and we want to them to know from us.

From us.

Well, that was at least the plan.