Chapter Fifteen

Zoe drops me off at the apartment after quite a long car ride since the weather is bad and traffic is even worse: "Don't get struck by lightning like I judt almost did.", she laughs as I collect my bags and head to the door.

Right as I enter the hallway I hear Dan and Phil sitting in the lounge. I put my bags down, go right up to them and without a hello I say: "Dan come please."

He looks at Phil in confusion and follows me to our room. When he closes the door, he gives me a peck and holds my head in his hands: "You okay, love? You should change your clothes are a bit wet. And we cooked already but waited for-"
"Listen.", I interrupt, "Why didn't you tell me what Joe really said and I had to hear that from Zoe?"
He sighs: "I didn't want to stress you out more. It's fine."
"It isn't. You stress me out more when you lie and I don't know what's going on."
"Babe... I am sorry. I really am. I just don't want you to be involved in anything slightly negative."
I sit down: "Can you please tell me things like this even though it's not nice to hear? I don't care what Joe has to say about me."
He falls down next to me and strokes my cheek: "I will, I apologize. But I care what he says because I just love you so much."
I look him in the eyes and smile: "I love you too but please..."
Dan gives me a kiss: "I promise. But just know that I personally won't take any of his shit anymore. I'm done. We're done. With him."
I nod in agreement and take his hand so we can go back to Phil.

The three of us spend the rest of the night on the sofa and eating the dinner both of them made. Since they also filmed a video making it for Phil's channel, he edited it while I watch some Netflix and Dan, to no one's surprise, is already sleeping to catch up on some much needed rest.

At around midnight Phil and I decide it's time for bed and I gently wake up Dan so he can go from the sofa to our bed. He grunts and slowly wanders into our room and falls right on the bed to knock out.

I on the other hand tidy up a little and throw the new stuff in the wash and put away the rest.
Finally after a shower and some new pj's I am ready to cozy up next to my fiance and also get some much needed rest.

But that doesn't last long when my phone starts vibrating over and over again.

Grabbing and unlocking it, the first thing I see is an article Zoe send to me.

"Zoella spotted at maternity boutique - is the British YouTube sensation expecting?"

Attached is a photo of Zoe leaving the shop we were at just a couple of hours ago.

Seems like the flash of light came from a paparazzi camera, not the lighting outside.