Chapter XXXIII

3rd P.O.V.

Ed and Darius stood in the dark as Ling and Lan Fan fought Gluttony. (Y/N) and Heinkel fought Pride, trying to kill him before the lights were restored.

(Y/N) looked back seeing small specks of light appear throughout the village, meaning the lights would be back up and running very soon. They would lose their advantage on Pride. Even while fighting in the dark, (Y/N) was having her fair share of troubles. The pull she had originally felt was growing each second she fought. (Y/N) had to push to her max just to swing a punch or use her alchemy.

"Damn it!" (Y/N) cursed in fury. As the two fought Pride Ed and Fu started to make their way over to the second battle. Footsteps approached (Y/N) and Heinkel, followed by a source of light. Heinkel had Pride pinned down, his large claws around the boys throat. 

"It's a monster! It's attacking a child!" One of the men cried.

Pride now had a source of light, meaning he could attack. (Y/N) quickly jumped in front of Heinkel, shielding the bigger man the best she could. Pride knocked the lantern out of the mans grip, setting the leaves and trees ablaze. Heinkel and (Y/N) jumped back, both pretty cut up.

"There, now that we have some light, time to spill some blood." Pride said getting ready to send his shadows at the duo again. Red sparks emitted from (Y/N) as she slowly healed.

"Stay behind me if you wish to keep your life!" (Y/N) shouted at the lion man. The female braced herself for Pride's attack. Putting her arms up in front of her and one leg in front of the other. Sparks of fire still making themselves known around her.

Pride shot a razor sharp shadow at them, (Y/N) was ready for it to collide with her body but it never happened. The shadow was deflected by none other than the pipsqueek alchemist.

"Whew, just in the knick of time." Ed said a grin on his face as he let out a breath of relief.

"I have to admit, it shocked me to think a little kid like you is a Homonculus, Selim Bradley." Ed said.

"Appearances can often be deceiving. You would know all about that, right little alchemist?" Selim questioned, the insult irking Ed some.

"I sure know what you are talking about, I hate being able to relate to you." (Y/N) seethed snapping her fingers using the flames from the fire with hers, mimicking the shape of Pride's shadows.

Roy's P.O.V.

I entered the bar I regularly frequented and headed to find a seat at the bar. I was handed an envelope with pictures of Selim Bradley in it, dating back at least over fifty years ago.

"Once I found out Selim Bradley wasn't human, I lost all energy to continue digging." The woman who got the Intel for me- madam Christmas.

"Thank you, I really appreciate it." I thank the older woman.

"It saddens me precious little (Y/N) is caught up in all of this, but I know she will survive this alongside you. She had a good mentor." Madam Christmas, who also happens to be my foster mother said flicking ashes off her cigarette.

"She is strong, if she doesn't fight through this I have no chance." I said standing up and making my way behind the counter. Madam Christmas and I made our way below the bar, into the secret passageway that led to a tunnel. Once we were both safely out of the bar above us, the bar blew up, flames eating away everything above.