Prologue

Third Person POV
⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Reia Hilliard hasn't had it easy but her new life now seems like she's never had any problems. Her parents went from really poor to middle-class. This made their expectations for Reia so much higher. They wanted her to make their family name respected especially since she was their only child and their only hope.

She might have had a comfy bed to sleep in and stylish clothes to make her look pretty but she never felt loved. Her every tiny mistake was punished either by a few slaps or horrid words that scarred her mind. Overtime her pain endurance got better but this made the comments so much more painful to hear.

High school wasn't all rainbows and sunshine for her either. She was hated by everyone but not bullied. People gossiped about how annoying and clingy she was behind her back constantly and gave her looks of disgust when they were forced to talk with her.

She went to high end private school. Her parents weren't rich which is why they were so furious at Reia when she didn't get the scholarship. They worked so hard for every penny and just enough for Reia to go to the school. This meant she was not allowed expensive designers like everyone else and she felt like an outcast.

She knew her parents weren't loaded with money but she felt bad that they were spending all of it on her education especially since she wasn't even that clever. She worked so hard for perfect grades but that wasn't always the case. She would slip up sometimes and feel so ashamed. They were wasting all their precious money on her and felt like she deserved the beatings she got afterwards. She didn't have a talent, a good body or even a perfect personality. All she had was her dull boring useless self.

She always tried so hard to be nice but everyone just talked to her for a week at max and ditched her. She felt like a burden. No one wanted her, not even her parents and she didn't have any friends to care for her so what was the point in living? Ah yes, big hefty funeral costs which she knew her parents would never be able to afford and more importantly their family's reputation. She was already such a disappointment so it would just be so selfish of her to do something like that.

Time and time again she was proven right. She believed her bad luck was contagious and everywhere she went it seemed to follow. She convinced herself that she was nothing more than nuisance or even a cockroach that no one could get rid of.

Her home situation got worse and worse. She couldn't leave because she knew it would tarnish their perfect reputation. As time progressed, the hits and words got to her and she knew there was no point in giving her parents false hopes that she would succeed so once she turned 18, she ran away and started her new life. It was tough at first but she didn't know what else to do. She had no family, friends or support system to help her. She was all alone left to fend for herself in this cruel world.

She got herself a small job at a cafe and an apartment which she shared with 3 other girls. She was satisfied but not happy. Nothing could make her genuinely happy for long after how much pain was in her heart. Nothing could heal it, at least she thought so.

She later got a job as a boss's assistant for an average clothing company called Flair's and moved out to smaller apartment all to herself. She gave coffee to her boss and other employees in hope to make friends with them but they never even talked to her apart from their drink order. All day long she organised meetings relentlessly but she preferred it this way so she wouldn't get trapped in her own mind and always had something to keep herself occupied. The torture of recalling the past was too unbearable for her and even just a split second thought of it could get her all teared up and she knew couldn't afford that.

Her boss had just got an offer from one of the richest businessman in the world that was interested to invest in Flair's. This was a rare occasion as nothing overly exciting had ever happened. The business meeting was abroad in Italy and Reia was bubbling with joy. She hadn't felt like this since her early childhood days. Italy was in her top three dream holidays but she was never able to go due to money issues. Little did she know this one business meeting could change her life in a way that she never imagined...

~

what did y'all think of the prologue?
Please vote and comment :)

aditixh xoxo