Chapter Thirteen

Zachary's POV
⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"SOMEONE GET THE DOCTOR!"

Reia just fell. One second she was just fine. The next, she got tense and fainted looking as pale as a lily-white corpse. I stood there. Just stood there and screamed at the everyone around me while she collapsed. The doctor rushed through as I went to my office. I could have done something but again I was fucking useless! I only touched her shoulder for some attention. What if I held her to tightly? What if I did that to her? No, no!

Argh! I blashed knuckles on the wall, which was now stained as red as the devil. It hurt but I was at a point in my life where I didn't care anymore. Not a single bit of me cared to notice the quenching wound. I just watched everyone around me wither away. I feel helpless yet I could have stopped it.

I hate taking the blame for everything. Even though it belong to me. Feeling guilty was just not for me. It made me feel small, which is what I am but not what people see. If people saw what I see, they would ask questions that were unnecessary and I knew I could never tell them about the deep hidden pain inside of me.

It was there, not budging at all. Sitting there, marking its territory so the happiness could enter in to fulfill me. I learnt to survive with it, but not live. It was hard. Impossible almost. Unachievable joy if what I felt. Surviving was enough for now. It's all I needed to fool everyone around me. Everyone but her.

She saw and helped me up every time I fell since day one. She did at least before she was swept from the earth in a flash of a light. She died. Simply, died for stupid me. If I could switch places with her, I would do it in a heartbeat and not think twice. She was my everything. She was everyone's everything and I was nothing without her. When she unintentionally left to see God, we were left with an a massive hole in us that was hollow with our grief and unable to be stitched ever again.

I was and still am selfish. That's all I will be. Nothing more. Nothing less. Just a self-absorbed billionaire who only cares about himself. That was my reputation. The one I needed to uphold and not break character from. My real question was is that reputation really me?

I was never able to figure out myself. I always had doubts but she pushed them away. Well, she did before she went. She was my fuel that me going day and night. I was stuck in well of my confusion and misery before she pulled my out but I never made it to the top, where everything was bliss. I will hang on the thin piece of rope she provided me with but when it rips I will be gone. Gone with her. I knew no one else could pull me fully out if she never could so I lost hope. Hope for me. Hope for my life to be what I invision. I am loved but no one could come close to loving me as much as she did all those years back.

I shook my thoughts away and cleaned myself up quickly. I'm guessing the doctor is examining her and of course, I have a doctor on my plane. I never travel without safety and it's a good thing I do so after today. Hopefully, he'll be able to explain what happened to her because I have no clue.

There was a knock on the door. Who in the world thought it would be okay to do that when I specifically said leave me alone. Was that not enough for them to understand to go away? Ugh, I need new employees.

"WHAT IS IT?" I shouted.

A boy who looked like he was in his early 20's walked in looking rather terrified. Good. I got my point across fairly fast.

"Er-r sir-r M-m-miss R-reia has w-w-woken u-up,"

~

Oof! I feel for poor Zachary! What do you guys think of him and who do you think he talking about when he says she?
Please vote and comment (:

aditixh xoxo