Chapter Fifteen

Zachary's POV
⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Elijah just told me that Reia has woken up again so I rushed to the room which she was in. As soon as I went inside, I see her sitting up with Elijah, looking freshened up. Thank God, she's okay! She was the key to my next victory and I can't lose her.

"Ah, Zachary! You are finally here. Reia and I have had a little discussion about the incident. It turns out it was just a lack of sleep and her hallucinating over things. This is completely normal and there's nothing to worry about," Elijah said.

Phew! I thought it was me.

"Okay, thank you Elijah," I said as he got up and left.

"Thank you Mr Romano and I am deeply sorry for my sudden fall," Reia said shyly. I love how she can a fearless lioness but also be this little fiore that timid and nervous too. It like she pushes the buttons but only if it's necessary.

"No apology needed. However, you will not be working for the next two days," I said. She still looked as fragile as thin glass that could break any second.

"What?!? Mr Coxen needs me and there is a lot of work to do. Plus, the doctor said I was fine," she burst out confused. Does James do any of work? I guess we'll find out sooner or later.

"I have already talked to James and he is fine with you taking a 2 day leave. This will no be cut off your salary as I have forced him. It's better to be safe than sorry," I said calmly.

"Okay," she replied in the smallest voice.

Reia's POV
⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

I told the doctor the truth on why I had the anxiety attack because there was no use lying to a doctor when he could possibly help me. Luckily, he respected my decision not to tell anyone. I don't know what I would have done if he told Zach and Mr Coxen the truth.

I'm so glad that my talk with Zach wasn't too difficult to explain and was not too awkward. I'm still in shock on how he convinced Mr Coxen to give me not one day but two days off. The only time I ever get a holiday is on the weekends, Easter and Christmas Day.

I've not got no to celebrate it with so I actually haven't done them in years. I know it may seem sad that I spend the holidays alone but I prefer it this way. Then, I don't have to worry if I look okay or adjust my personality to some else's likings.

I have spent my whole life being all these different people just please the people around me yet they all leave me in the end. I'm just better off without anyone and everyone is better off without me. All I do is cause trouble everywhere I go and make people miserable.

I try so hard so to make everyone happy that I forgot about my own. I worked so hard for years and years to be perfect but I'm just not. It got to a point now in life where I have forgotten who I really am. The real me is lost somewhere deep down my own confusion. Now, I have accepted it but society can't so I will forever be stuck in this narrow, endlessly deep hole I have dug for myself where no one can judge me or my actions.

I'm super stressed and worried on how Mr Coxen will function tomorrow and the day after. Usually, I do all the work and he just looks over and criticises it. I really wish him the best of luck because he can barely even type a paragraph on his computer.

One of the flight attendants came up to me and told me to buckle my seat belt as we were landing. Home sweet home!

~

Elijah lied oop- What do you guys think of Reia and her past?
Please vote and comment (:

aditixh xoxo