Chapter Eleven

Reia's POV
⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

I buckled my seatbelt and sucked on my strawberry Jolly Rancher as the plane took off. You know I'm a bit like the raspberry. The flavour that everyone just happens to hate for no reason. Blue raspberry is great but you have to special for that and I'm certainly not. No one ever willingly takes the raspberry. We notice them being ignored but still stick to good old strawberry. Why? I don't why I do it. Maybe because it's normal. Maybe because it's just better. Better than me. The unwanted raspberry.

My stomach interrupted me by growling like a grizzly bear about to be attacked. I forgot breakfast again! I really need to keep a reminder for it or my food baby isn't going to happy when I forget. It's lunch in two hours though so there's no point to eating now. I just ordered a iced caramel latte with chocolate chips to keep me going.

I could tell the waitress wasn't well versed in english by the amount of words she missed

I could tell the waitress wasn't well versed in english by the amount of words she missed. She's probably Italian by the accent. 'No joke Reia! What did you expect her to be? Portuguese?' I thought sarcastically. I'm in Italy! Of course, she's Italian! Sometimes I can be so dumb.

I connected my phone to the plane's WiFi and decided to call Alaïa since I didn't have much to do. I felt my social anxiety sky rocketed up, but I knew it was better now than later.

"Hello, it's Elle Parker, Alaïa's Manager speaking,"

Wow, she has her own manager. What less did I expect? Her brother is literally a billionaire!

"My name is Reia and I'm a friend of Alaïa's,"

"One second, let me check with her. Alaïa is getting her hair and makeup done,"

I'm guessing she's a model then.

"Hey girl!" Alaïa said.

"Hi, how are you?" I said nervously. I hope that was okay because I really don't want to lose her.

"I'm great! You?"

"Same,"

"How are you dealing with the headlines hun?"

What headlines? I never knew about this.

"What do you mean?"

"Haven't you looked at the news? The media is blowing up that Zachary brought a date,"

I never really went on my phone since I only used it for business due to my lack of friends I had. I checked the news and I was left with my mouth hanging wide open.

Mr Romano's secret date

Romano's mystery girl

Hot New Couple Alert

A couple? His girl? What is this? People really need to get their facts straight before posting this shit. This is so invasive! They have no right doing this! I don't think I can do anything now though. At least, my face is hidden.

"I just saw them and it's quite a bit to process,"

"Well, you better get used to it if you are going to be Mrs Romano one day,"

"Seriously Alaïa. It's not like that,"

"Ok. Ok. So where are you right now?"

"I'm on a plane back to Chicago,"

"OMG yes! How long are you going be there for?"

"I live there so..."

"This is perfect! I'm in Italy for a runway today but I'm coming to Chicago tomorrow for a photoshoot so we can meet up then,"

"Ok, cool!"

"How about the day after tomorrow at 10 in Lux Café by the fountain?"

"Sounds good!"

"Can't wait! Bye Reia,"

"Bye," I said happily. Well, that wasn't so bad, was it?

Third Person POV
⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Asher scanned through every name on the list of people that went to the ball yesterday until he found Reia's name.

"Call Harold and tell him to do a bit of background research on a woman named Reia Hilliard. I need it by tomorrow lunch and I'll pay him once the job is complete,"

~

Those headlines though! What are your thoughts on this chapter?
Please vote and comment (:

aditixh xoxo