Chapter Eight

Reia's POV
⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Oh fuck! I was really tongue tied this time. What do I say now? Oh, your brother is my boss's business partner. Ugh no but it was true yet it sounded so wrong.

"E-e-errrmm," I said, unsure on how to reply. The knots of anxiety tightened as the words stuttered out of my mouth.

"You know what, it doesn't even matter because he clearly likes you. Oooo," Alaïa said teasingly.

He likes me? Bahahahaha! As if! I have no clue where that came from.

"No. No. Absolutely not," I answered while trying to laugh off her remark off.

"Whatever floats your boat. So what do you think of um Vanessa?" She sipped on her champagne and looked into my eyes eagerly for a response.

"No offence to her but I'm not her biggest fan. She's a bit snobby if I must say so," I said nervously, not knowing entirely what to expect.

"FINALLY! Someone that sees through her perfect princess act! Ok, I OFFICIALLY love you!" Alaïa exclaimed a bit too happy. At least, I have a friend now. Hopefully she'll stay for more than a few days...

"My big bro does have good taste in women. So how long have you two known each other?"

"Zach and-"

"I don't think Zachary would like the nickname. Just saying, he might get pissed if you said it in front of him," she replied, looking at the ground. I was so confused. What was wrong with calling him Zach?

"Why not? He told me to call him Zach," I shrugged.

"WAIT! Wait! He let you call him that but he hasn't let anyone call him anything but Zachary since..." Her words got quieter and quieter till they faded off like stars in morning daylight. Still there but hidden.

"Reia, it's time for the auction. Let's go sit in our seats." Zach said. I had no clue that he was right behind me. Someone's sneaky.

"Here's my number. I would love to catch up sometime for maybe a coffee," Alaïa said giving me a card with her information on it.

"Sure!" I seriously can't believe I just made a friend! Oh my goodness. Yessss!! I haven't had a friend since I graduated high school. I really hope she's genuine and will last because I don't I can bear another betrayal. She seems nothing like her brother luckily so I don't have to worry about her being grumpy.

...

It was finally time for the last item. This is so boring! Zach hasn't bought anything and all these things were being sold for thousands and thousands. It way more than my whole year's salary.

Everyone was so wealthy here and I was barely being able to afford my small apartment. I thought back to high school days when everyone made fun of me because I didn't have Gucci backpacks or Prada shoes. I felt so ashamed and like I didn't belong. I was an outsider trying to fit when I clearly wasn't good enough.

The memories soon disappeared as they took out the next item. I was captured by the beautiful necklace with its vivid blue diamond. It glistened in the lights like the heart of the ocean and was undeniably irresistible. Too bad I'll never get to have it.

 Too bad I'll never get to have it

"Here we have this necklace. This is the only one of its kind and you will never see anything like this. The bidding may start!"

"500 thousand," This was way too high for a starting price! I wondered about how rich the blessed person would buy it would be.

"600 thousand,"

"700 thousand,"

"800 thousand,"

"1 million," A guy with dirty blonde hair said. He was well built and looked amazing in his light grey tux but nothing compared to Zach. Why am I comparing him to Zach out of all the people? I really need someone to shake me to sense.

"3 million,"

"5 million,"

"10 million,"

"20 million," the same guy who bid 1 million said giving me a charming glance. I thought the bids couldn't get any higher but I was wrong.

"25 million," Another perverted man in his 50s shouted.

All I could do was stare at the beauty in envy as it was about to be sold off to a disgusting geezer. Oh well, maybe one day.

"Going once, going twice. SO-,"

"100 million!" Zach declared. Silence filled the room before gasps and murmured erupted.

~

Zach or Zachary? What are your thoughts on Alaïa? I personally love her!!
Please vote and comment :)

aditixh xoxo