Chapter Two

Zachary's POV
⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

As soon as she walked through the door,
she captured me with her gorgeous dress and the bow which cinched her waist so elegantly. I unconsciously started to feel jealous that the room service boy saw her before I did. At least he's not going to be working here for much longer once I'm done with him. Damn she was beautiful! My eyebrows furrowed in curiosity at why she was staring down as if she was insecure. She was so stunning yet so innocent.

I spoke to soon because the second she sat down, I saw her hazel green eyes staring into me. The way eyes moved from mine to my suit turned me on more than I could have ever imagined. I guess I'll be having a cold shower tonight.

What was she doing to me? It was like she cast me under her spell that was unbreakable. I was Zachary Dominic Romano. No one could control me but my little fiore did it so easily. Did I just call her mine? I'm really going bonkers today. I need to snap out of it quick and focus. How could I be so unprofessional. She is nothing more than an one of my potential company's employee. I need to show her who's boss before she starts getting any ideas.

"So Miss Hilliard why don't you stop staring at me and explain why I should invest in the company?" I said in an intimidating but still seductive voice. Her face fell from pale to as red as my wine. I smiled with a smug look as I watched her fiddle with her thumbs and bite her lip in embarrassment. Now, I can get on with the real business and take over another company.

Reia's POV
⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

I was taken back by his comment and flushed deep scarlet. He just humiliated me in front my boss and the other employees but what annoyed me the most was the fact that he did it so smoothly as if it was nothing. The hateful words slided out of his mouth with such ease. How could someone so hot be so cruel?

"I-i am v-v-very s-sorry sir."

"Sorry is just a word Miss Hilliard. You must use your actions to prove it," he replied a bit too sternly.

I quickly regained my composure after being demeaned by the jerk and explained our whole marketing strategy for improving sales and selling new items. I don't know where all this confidence came from but I'm glad it did before I embarrassed myself any further. On the inside, I smiled proudly on my sudden boost of bravery to do something like that. I still was slightly self-conscious that it might not be that good enough but then again when was I ever good enough...

"Very well explained. You have clearly redeemed yourself to be quite bold but don't let that get to your head. I see no further discussion in this matter other than signing the contract and the cheque," he said casually.

I couldn't believe what he had just said. I have just got Flair's their first investment and this business meeting wasn't even today! I glance over to my boss who has a bright smile, gleaming with utter happiness. Hopefully I'll finally get the promotion I've been wanting.

...

I walked out of the dining room when they were discussing personal matters about the contract and saw a beautiful balcony decorated with candles. A little look wouldn't hurt anyone, would it?

I opened the glass door and saw the splendid view showing all the highlights of Rome

I opened the glass door and saw the splendid view showing all the highlights of Rome. The cars, lights and buildings were incredible and was nothing like what I've ever seen before. I felt like I was on top of the world and no one could stop me. I haven't felt this free or in control of my life since I left home or a place I used to call my home. Sadly, amazing feelings like these don't last for very long at all and are usually shattered by reality.

"What are you doing on my private balcony, mio fiore?"

Not again!

~

Reia's curiosity seems to be getting the better of her. What do y'all think of Zachary's POV?
Please vote and comment :)

aditixh xoxo