𝐎𝐍𝐄

ONE| NON EST ASYLUM

ONE| NON EST ASYLUM

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

OLIVIA EDWARDS came as a surprise to the warlock a few years ago. He was very young at the time, and he was nowhere near ready for that kind of commitment. John would often travel from place to place because he couldn't afford to stay in one place for long. He had no job and resorted to magically rigging the lottery to make ends meet. He could barely take care of himself let alone take care of another human being.

Well, there was that, and the fact that he was absolutely terrified to be a father for quite a few reasons. Over the course of his life so far, he had managed to be make a great deal of enemies. Enemies made of actual flesh and bones, and others creeped in the shadows, rising from the darkest pits of hell. Literally. And the fact that John never really had a great father didn't help. He didn't exactly know how to be a dad, since he didn't have a good role model in that department. The fear of becoming his father burned deeply in the back of his subconscious.

But as cliche as it sounded, the minute he held that baby girl in his arms he made a promise to keep her safe no matter what. John felt with his lifestyle, with the undying truth that everyone he loved and loved him in return perished, he decided she was better off without him. However, he couldn't get himself to fully let her go, and it resulted in him visiting her from time to time on random days, holidays, and certain birthdays. But soon after an incident forced his hand, he was left with having to cut ties with Olivia completely. His abuse of alcoholism enhanced as an outcome.

Today became too eventful even for a man like John Constantine, who battles actual demons and demons of his own while simultaneously finding the time to troll the bars for one nighters where he can escape the constant anguish that is his life. When he checked himself out of Ravenscar Psychiatric Facility, he thought the only trouble he had on his hands was helping his late oldest friend's daughter. But things had gotten far more complicated when he received a call about his daughter.

John Constantine fought long and hard to shelter Olivia from his lifestyle. Yes, she was aware of who her father was and what he could do. Her mother never tried to lie or kept such things from her. Caroline Edwards was attracted to John years ago not only for his good looks and charm, but because of his abilities. She was always obsessed with the supernatural. She found herself in her teen years choosing to be huddled up in her bed with a good science fiction or fantasy novel than socializing with others. It was a fascination that followed her to her adulthood having become a philosophy professor.

Chas Chandler was annoyed with John. Not only did he call him out of the blue asking for his help with Liv Aberdine, but his aloof nature towards his daughter and their current situation angered him. It took a little convincing from the Englishman's best friend to get him to agree to signing the custody papers. Not to mention, the fact that he had to turn his cab around and refuse to help Liv unless he changed his mind.