𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

EIGHTEEN| ANGELS AND MINISTERS                 OF GRACE

OF GRACE

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

THE GARDEN OF EDEN. That's what this mysterious room that Zed had found always reminded her of or at least what she would assume it must've looked like. It was peaceful. The air was light and smelt crisp like it was springtime everyday. It was always sunny, the grass and the leaves from the trees were a vibrant green, and the sounds of birds chirping could be heard in distance. This place had became Olivia and Zed's secret place. It became their safe haven of sorts. She almost felt like she didn't deserve it. It was just far too pure even for her.

Most days Zed would come out here to meditate, while Olivia used it's tranquil nature as inspiration to fuel her art. However, Zed joined her from time to time even giving her art lessons. Olivia sat crisscrossed underneath the Japanese styled gazebo that was surrounded by a calm lake. Her fingers were stained with the lead of her pencil as she sketched her new project: a photo of her with John, Zed and Chaz. Her newfound family. Of course, she forced John to agree to take that photo two weeks ago, but she was grateful he at least smiled without her having to tell him too.

She placed the pencil aside for the moment as she leaned her head back to get better look at her creation. A smile adorned her lips before she gently blew against the page to clear of all eraser shavings. Her blue eyes diverted to the red string- that Zed always tied up so they wouldn't get lost in Constantine's ever-changing hallway of doors-when she noticed it moving.

"Ariadne's thread. Well, at least you took precautions." John's voice rung in her ears as he approached them.

"She used it to save Theseus from the labyrinth." Zed replied as John had sat down between them. Her eyes were closed as she fell into a peaceful breathing pattern.

"And then he abandoned her. Heroes are usually jerks at heart." Olivia couldn't help but snort at his crack at heroes, which of course earned a proud smirk from her father.

"He left her on the island?" Asked Zed.

"Yeah, but she made out all right in the end, didn't she? Bagged herself a god. Dionysus." John said. At least there was a silver lining Liv thought to herself. "All that adventure started from one thin bit of thread?" He added as he tugged on the red, thin string. Zed chuckled to herself as she flashed him a bright smile.

"How many of these rooms have you seen?"

"Just this one." She breathed out. The smile on her beautiful face never faltered. "It never changes." She looked to Olivia since she understood her love for this particular room. "It's like a good song on repeat."