𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

NINE| THE KEY

NINE| THE KEY

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

CHAS WAS FURIOUS, but he shouldn't have been so surprised. "What the hell do you mean you're at the police station?!" Chas's voice boomed through her rose gold iPhone. She had to pull the phone away from her ears in order for her to not burst her eardrum.

"Well-"

"It was John, wasn't it? He got himself arrested again, didn't he?" He pummeled her with questions, however, he never gave her the chance to actually answer.

"Yeah, he did." Olivia answered with a huff as she paced. "He tired your suggestion and went to talk to Henry's parents. As you can see it didn't end well."

"Why would he do that? We all agreed that it wouldn't work." Chas asked her, but she could tell he wasn't looking for an exact answer. He was simply ranting about how careless her father could be at times.

"Why does John do anything that he does?" She said deadpanned. "Honestly, I thought we were all on the same page; We learned to not question every stupid thing he does." She heard Chas hum in response.

There was a heavy sigh on the other end. "Okay, I'll be right over."

She nodded despite him not being able to see. She pulled her jacket closer together to keep her warm. She was standing outside the police station and it was really cold. Liv normally loved this weather. The cold, the pretty colors, hot coffee always tasted better, the festivities. But it's not that enjoyable when she's wearing thin material.

"Okay, but we need bail money." She informed him.

"Alright, how much?"

"Uh-" her sight absentmindedly surveyed the parking lot to find a familiar figure headed her way. "Uh, I gotta go."

"What? Wait, how much?!"

"I'll text you the amount."

"Kid-"

Olivia hung up, sliding the phone in her jeans pocket. She crossed her arms staring the woman down skeptically. Henry's mother, Clair, stopped in front of her. She gave her a nervous smile. She was nervous how she'd react to seeing her when she's partly responsible for her father being locked up.

"No offense, but why are you here?" The blonde questioned Clair.

"I'm here for your father's help." She replied anxiously, and Olivia could tell something was wrong. That something had to happen for her to be this shaken up. But she was still more or less shocked that she's even here.