Chapter Five

"Lucy, Crescent, you awake?" Susan asks us as we all lay around the dimming fire

"Lucy, Crescent, you awake?" Susan asks us as we all lay around the dimming fire. My eyes trained on the stars in the sky.

"Hmm." Lucy answers as I turn my head to smile at my sister.

"Why do you think I couldn't see Aslan?" Susan asks, both Lucy and I sit up staring at her wide eyed.

"You believe us?" Lucy asks shocked.

Susan looked to both of us. "Well, we got across the gorge."

I sighed before looking too her. "I don't know. Maybe you didn't really want to."

"You two always knew we'd be coming back here, didn't you?" Susan questioned.

"Of course, I always knew we would be coming home, isn't that right Allora," I whispered as I pet the lioness, she purred and nodded her head in agreement.

Lucy sighed dreamily. "I hoped so."

"I just got used to the idea of living in England."

Lucy frowned to our sister. "But you're happy to be here, aren't you?"

"While it lasts." Susan whispers before turning her sight away from us. I sighed and turned over curling into Allora holding her tight.

We all go to sleep. At dawn, I groaned as I heard a growl and I slowly wake up. I walked quietly away from the others. I push branches out of the way as I make my way through the forest. A dryad floats past me laughing. The trees move aside, making way for me.

"Crescent," I looked up hearing the soft voice of Aslan. I smiled and run over to him; there he stands on top of a small hill. I giggle and run over to him and bring him into a tight hug.

"I've missed you so much." I whispered as I began purring into his warm coat. "You've grown!" I cried as I sat back.

"Every year you grow, so shall I." Aslan said with a smile on his face.

"Lucy has been wondering where've you been. Why you haven't come to help us? I think it's because you know things don't always happen the same way twice," I whispered.

"That is true little one not everything happens the same way twice," He said.

"You have a plan, don't you?" I whispered but my head snaps to the side as I hear a twig snap. Lucy and I both bolt up from our sleep and look to each other.

"Susan, get up!" Lucy whispered urgently as she shook our sister.

"Certainly, Lu. Whatever you like." Susan mutters and she rolls over and keeps sleeping. Lucy and I sigh and both of us get up and walk away. As we walk, we hear a growl in the woods.

"Aslan?" Lucy questions when a hand went over both our mouths and drags us back. Lucy and I look up and see that it is Peter. We look over and see that the source of the growl: a minotaur. Peter signals Lucy and I to be quiet, draws his sword, and slowly starts walking towards the minotaur. Then, a young man comes out of nowhere. They begin fighting. Peter swings, misses, and sticks his sword into the tree. The young man kicks Peter and he falls. Peter recovers, coming at the young man with a rock, and he retaliates and picks up Peter's sword.