Chapter Ten

In the forest, myself, Susan, and Lucy ride away

In the forest, myself, Susan, and Lucy ride away. Myself and Lucy look back to see that we had been spotted by Telmarine soldiers on horseback who quickly pursue us. "They've seen us!" Lucy calls in fright. Susan stops the horse and climbs off. Both Lucy and I look at her. "What are you doing?" Lucy questions, as I stop our horse to look back.

Susan smiles sadly to us. "I'm sorry, Lu, Crest. It looks like you'll be going together without me after all."

Lucy and I ride off. Lucy and I take once last glance at Susan, and then she disappears through the foliage. We continue racing off, still pursued by a Telmarine on horseback. We continue to race forward trying to lose him when I feel a rush go through me. I look over to see Aslan jumps out and roars. Destier rears and Lucy and I fall off. We look up at the lion. Aslan jumps over our heads, knocking the soldier off his horse. Lucy and I look to each other and both of us scramble up running to the top of the hill... and he is there.

"Aslan!" I shout as both Lucy and I run to him and embrace him.

"I knew it was you. The whole time, I knew it. But the others wouldn't believe us." Lucy stated a joyous look in her eyes.

Aslan chuckled as he spoke. "And why would that stop you from coming to me?"

Lucy sighed sadly looking down "I'm sorry. I was too scared to come alone. Why haven't you shown yourself? I thought you'd come roaring in to save us like last time."

This time I speak up. "Things never happen the same way twice Lucy." I whispered.

"If I had come earlier... everyone who died... could I have stopped that?" Lucy asked.

"We can never know what would have happened, Lucy. But what will happen is another matter entirely." Aslan states.

"You'll help?" Lucy questions.

"Of course, as will you." I state with a smirk.

"Oh, well I wish I were braver." Lucy mutters.

"If you were any braver, you'd be a lioness. Now, I think your friends have slept long enough, don't you? Little one," Aslan whispers and he presses his nose to the pendant, and I feel my body shift, and now I am on all fours. I purr as I rub my head on Aslan's neck, and he rubs his head on my head. I took a step away and looked at the trees. I look back and Aslan nods. I take a deep breath in and let a mighty roar leave my mouth, my eyes flashing gold. The trees sway, the dryads now dance, Narnia is back to how she was. I turned around and stood tall as Lucy got back on Destier and we raced through the trees, to meet up with the Telmarines.

I stood at the edge of the bridge and sit down happily as Lucy pet my head. Halfway down, Sopespian brings the army to a screeching halt. Lucy and I standing tall on the other side, we look as though we were the only two there. Lucy with a devious smirk on her face draws her dagger and I stand on all four a glare on my face. Then, Aslan joins Lucy and I. Sopespian stares more. He looks ahead, and then back, and then...

"Charge!" Sopespian shouts. The Telmarines charge towards Aslan, Lucy and I. Aslan and I take a step back and let out a roar and the Telmarines stop. The water beneath the bridge starts behaving strangely. Then it shoots up and forms the river god. The river-god lifts the bridge and soldiers fall off. Sopespian stands alone on the bridge in the river god's hands. He swings his sword wildly as the water comes crashing down on him.

The Telmarines climb out of the water, handing their swords to the Narnians.

I smile as Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Caspian kneel before us. "Rise, kings and queens of Narnia." Aslan states with a smile on his face. Peter, Susan, and Edmund rise. "All of you." Aslan states as he gives me a side look.

"I do not think I am ready." Caspian states and I shook my head.

"I believe you've already heard these words from a certain queen but, it's for that very reason I know that you are." Aslan states as he presses his nose to my forehead, and I shift back to my human form. And Caspian stands tall, I smile to him as I stretch and look over hearing music. Several mice walk up, carrying Reepicheep on a little stretcher. Lucy gives Reepicheep a drop from her cordial. He breathes and sits up.

"Oh, thank you, Your Majesty..." Reepicheep says and he sees myself and Aslan. "Oh, hail Aslan! It is a great honour to be..." Reepicheep begins and he tries to bow but stumbles forward. He looks behind and realizes that his tail is missing. "I am completely out of countenance. I must crave your indulgence for appearing in this unseemly fashion. Perhaps a drop more?" Reepicheep asks.

"I don't think it does that." Luc answers.

"You can have a go." Reepicheep says, hopeful.

"It becomes you well, Small One." I said with a smile.

"All the same, great queen, I regret that I must withdraw. For a tail is the honour and glory of a mouse." Reepicheep states.

"Perhaps you think too much of your honour, friend." Aslan speaks, a smirk on his face.

"Well, it's not just the honour. It's also great for balance... and climbing... and grabbing things." Reepicheep states almost listing everything off on his little paw. Aslan and I smile. The other mice draw their swords and hold them to their tails.

"May it please your high Majesties, we will not bear the shame of wearing an honour denied to our chief." Preepiceek says and I almost awed. Aslan and I laugh though, and I see Aslan look at me.

"Not for your honour, but for the love of your people..." I said as I bent down and waved my hand over Reepicheep and there his tail grows back.

"Oh, look! Thank you, thank you, my queen! I will treasure it always! From this day forward, it will serve as a great reminder of my huge humility." Reepicheep says as he looks to his tail happily, like he is going to cry. Aslan chuckles as I smiled brightly.

"Now, where is this dear little friend you've told me so much about?" Aslan asks and I look over and see Trumpkin I wave him over and he slowly walks over and bows before the lion. Aslan roars and Trumpkin shudders.

"Do you see him now?" Lucy and I sass, with a laugh as Trumpkin nods.