Chapter Eight

"Now Aslan's camp is just over there by the stone table just across the frozen river

"Now Aslan's camp is just over there by the stone table just across the frozen river." Mister Beaver speaks up, all of us trudging behind him.

"River?" Susan asked.

"It's been frozen for 100 years," Mrs Beaver answered, a soft smile on her face as she looked back to us.

"It seems so far," Peter sighed.

"It's the world dear, did you expect it to be small?" Mrs Beaver asked, with a raised eyebrow.

"Smaller..." Susan whispered, a soft smile on her face, all of us smiling as well.

"Come on, before we're old!" Mister Beaver shouts. After an hour of walking I was starting to feel the effects of the cold. Peter having noticed comes over to me and wraps an arm around me rubbing my arms, to try and get some warmth in me.

"If he tells me to hurry up one more time, I'm going to turn him into a big fluffy hat," Peter scoffed, Lucy laughing from behind us.

"Hurry up Son-of-Adam! Daughters-of-Eve! We don't have all day." Mister Beaver shouted again.

"He is getting kinda bossy," Lucy whispered.

Suddenly Mister Beaver stops, both his ears start twitching. "It's her! Run!" Mister Beaver shouts, we all start to run, my breathing getting heavier as we come to a halt. "Quick down here!" Mister Beaver ordered.

"Maybe she's gone." Lucy whispers as we hear nothing but silence.

Peter starts moving away from me and to the exit. "I'll go and have a look." He whispered but I latch onto him.

"No, you're no good to Narnia dead." Mister Beaver stated as I looked to my brother with pleading eyes. He sighs and sits back. "I'll go," Mister Beaver said starting to move forward.

"Neither are you Beaver." Mrs Beaver said sadly.

"Thanks, dear." Mister Beaver whispers, popping out of the whole and climbing up. There is a long pause of silence and some noise later. I jump in shock as I see Mister Beaver pop his head down to look at us. Lucy screams. "I hope you've been good because there is someone here to see you." Mister Beaver said with a smile. We all look to each other and start to climb out of the little cave. Lucy and I gasp before smiling brightly.

"Merry Christmas, Sir!" Lucy and I shouted in excitement.

"It certainly is, Lucy, Crescent. Thanks to you two." Father Christmas said, with a jolly smile on his face.

"I thought there was no Christmas in Narnia." Susan stated frowning.

"It hasn't been for a hundred years. But now the Witch's power is crumbling." Santa says moving to the back of his sleigh, he pulls his massive present bag out and throws it onto the ground.

"Presents!" Lucy cheers running forward happily.

"Lucy, Eve's Daughter. These are for you. The juice of the fire flower. If you, or one of your friends are wounded, one drop of this cordial will restore them. And though I do not expect you to use it, this." Santa said as he handed the objects over to my little sister.

"Well, I think I could be brave enough." Lucy stated, a smirk on her face.

"I'm sure you could. But battles are ugly affairs." Santa states to Lucy who nods, walking back over to me and showing me what she had gotten. "Eve's Daughter, Susan." Santa calls and Susan steps forward. "Trust in this bow, for it does not easily miss."

"What happened to, 'battles are ugly affairs?'" Susan asked, an eyebrow raised

"And, though you don't seem to have trouble making yourself heard, this. When you put this horn to your lips and blow it, wherever you are, help will come." Santa says a smile on his face.

"Thanks." She whispers.

"And, Peter." Santa calls next leaving me for last. "These are tools, not toys. The time to use them may be soon at hand." Father Christmas said to Peter handing the sword and shield to him. Peter looks to the weapons and walks back to myself, Lucy and Susan.

"Crescent, here," Father Christmas said as he handed me a staff, a crescent moon at the top the edging sharp to slice off enemy's heads. "This moon staff will only ever work for you, this staff is connected to the night just like you are, you may believe your power is a danger, but you are the moon and the stars that gives Narnia the hope that even in darkest times the light will guide them, never forget that." Father Christmas whispered to me. I smiled and nodded my head. "Now this was given to me by Aslan himself, this lion trinket doesn't do much but when the time is right, it'll become what you truly are," Father Christmas whispered as he put the trinket on me.

"Thank you," I whispered as I held my staff tight, my magic already lighting up the jewels.

"Bare them well! I best be off, winter is almost over, and things do pile up when you've been gone a thousand years." Father Christmas stated, as he climbed into his sleigh. "Long live Aslan!" He called to us as he rode off into the snowy world.

"Bye... Merry Christmas!" All of us shouted.

"Told you he was real!" Lucy said with a giant grin on her face. 

"Guys, did you hear what he said... winter is almost over. You know what that means... no more ice!" I answered. And we all ran headed towards the river.