Chapter Eleven

With the war over, Aslan approaches me, I smile softly and bend down facing him

With the war over, Aslan approaches me, I smile softly and bend down facing him. "I have to stay, don't I?" I question softly as we everyone around us celebrated.

"Yes, my cub, for if you go this time, you will be a shell of yourself, and I do not wish for that to happen to you," Aslan stated softly. I sighed sadly.

"Will I ever be able to visit them?" I question as I see Caspian approaching us, but he halts.

"In time you will master a few more things." He answered. We both look to Caspian with soft looks on our faces.

"We are ready. Everyone has assembled." Caspian states. Aslan and I nod and make our way to the outside of the castle where all the Telmarine people and the Narnians have gathered. Caspian steps forward and speaks with a firm tone. "Narnia belongs to the Narnians just as it does to man. Any Telmarines who want to stay and live in peace are welcome to. And for any of you who wish, Aslan and Crescent will return you to the home of our forefathers."

"It has been generations since we left Telmar." One Lord calls out confused.

Aslan looks to me and I turn to the crowd and walk forward. "We are not referring to Telmar. Your ancestors were sea-faring brigands, pirates run aground on an island. There they found a cave, a rare chasm that brought them here from their world, the same world as my family." Aslan looks over at us before looking back to the crowd.

"It is to that island myself and Crescent can return you. It is a good place for any who wish to make a new start." Aslan states.

A silence runs through before Glozelle steps forward. "I'll go. I will accept the offer."

Prunaprismia steps forward her father next to her. "So will we." Prunaprismia, carrying her baby, and her father follow Glozelle and stand before Aslan.

"Because you have spoken first, your future in that world will be good." I declared as my eyes flashed gold and Aslan moves forward and breathes on them, and then the tree behind Caspian twists, forming a round opening. They walk through the door in the air... and vanish from sight. The people gasp.

"How do we know he is not leading us to our deaths?!" One man shouted.

Reepicheep walks forward and bows to myself and Aslan and speaks up. "Sire, Milady if my example can be of any service, I will take eleven mice though with no delay."

I cast my eyes over to Peter and Susan as they both look at each other. Aslan looks over at them. Peter steps forward.

"We'll go." Peter declares stepping forward.

Edmund looks to our brother in shock. "We will?"

Peter smiles sadly. "Come on. Our time's up." He stated as he walks over to Caspian and offers his sword. "After all, we're not really needed here anymore." Peter says.

Caspian takes the sword. "I will look after it until your return." Caspian said as he takes Peters sword. 

Susan sighs sadly. "I'm afraid that's just it... We're not coming back."

"We're not?" Lucy questions in a panic.

"You two are." Peter says trying to calm our sister. Peter looks at Aslan. "At least, I think he means you two."

Lucy whips around looking at Aslan. "But why? Did they do something wrong?" Lucy asks sadly.

"Quite the opposite, dear one. But all things have their time. Your brother and sister have learned what they can from this world. Now it's time for them to live in their own."

"Wait what about Crescent? Would she come back with Edmund and I?" Lucy asked. Aslan looks to me and I nod, they needed to know.

"Crescent isn't going back with you young one, she has to remain here now, if she were to go back with you, she would be but a shell of who she once was, her magic would not be able to sustain her," Aslan stated. Lucy's eyes widen in shock as I look down, Caspian taking my hand and holding it tightly.

"It's alright, Lu. It's not how I thought it would be, but it's alright. One day you'll see too." Peter stated as he walked over to me and pulled me into a tight hug. "I understand why you need to stay," Peter whispered as he now held me by my shoulders. "Narnia has always been your home, has been the place you have felt like you belonged, and I'm not going to deny you that." Peter continued smiling softly as he cried. "You deserve happiness and love." He whispered.

Smiling brightly, I wrapped my arms around him again. "I will always be there for you, know that I will never be gone. I love you so much Peter, you have always been my hero," I whispered as tears fell from my eyes. Peter let me go and this allowed Susan to run over to me holding me tightly as well.

"I love you so much," Susan whispered.

"I'm never far Susan, I'm your twin, and even though I'll be in Narnia, I'll always be in your heart," I stated as she let me go and kissed my cheek.

"Like Peter said, you deserve happiness and love," she whispered now moving away from me slowly, but letting go. Lucy came next and her eyes were of course filled with sadness.

"Come here Lucy," I said, and she broke running into my arms and hugging me. Tears fell down my little sisters face as she muttered continuously saying 'I love you.'

I let my little sister go before bending closer to her and whispered. "I'll see you soon."

She nodded slowly and walked over to Trumpkin next hugging him and talking. I looked to Edmund who stood there, his eyes filled with nothing but joy and sadness. Walking closer to me he placed a hand on my cheek. "No illusions, this time I see the real happiness, not the fake. I may be your younger brother, but I'm so proud, Peter is your hero, but you're mine Crescent, my big sister is my hero." Edmund stated firmly. "And I will always look up to you, no matter where you are, no matter if I don't know what you've done, because I've seen you as the Queen you were in the golden age, and I hope to god I get to be as brave, as selfless and as kind and caring as you are."

"You don't need to do that, because you already are," I declared, both of us laughing and hugging each other. "I love you, my Just King."

"I love you more, my Heavenly Queen." Edmund said letting me go and walking to my siblings.

Aslan came to my side and I looked to him, he smiled and nodded. "Before you four leave." I started, and all four looked to me. "If you ever need a chat, advice or just to check in, go and find a bowl of water, stir the water three times clockwise and I will appear. I told you, you were never going to lose me." I stated and all four smiled brightly before with one final look to us Edmund, Peter, Susan, and last of all Lucy start walking away. Lucy takes one more look back at Aslan and I, I nod to her and she nods once to me before walking into the door in the air.

"I'll miss you," I whispered as Caspian came tomy side and hugged me tightly. "But I'll never forget."