Chapter Three

We continued backwards, and it just kept going, on and on

We continued backwards, and it just kept going, on and on. Lucy and I gasped as we felt a cold chill behind us. I turned seeing a beautiful wonderland, but it felt off. Like it shouldn't be there. We walk out as we looked around this new world.

"We aren't dreaming, are we?" I asked as I came upon a lamppost just casually sitting there. I placed my hand on it and feel the cold underneath when an image flashed in my head. A lion roared, and I quickly stepped back taking deep breaths.

"Crescent are you okay?" Lucy asked before looking to the side and screaming another voice mixed in with the scream. Startled I watched as my sister and the stranger hid. I stayed where I was not moving. I sigh before motioning Lucy to come out and help me with the packages that the man, faun I think, had dropped.

The faun makes some random noises still frightened a bit. "It's okay, we aren't going to hurt you sir," I said with a soft smile.

"Huh, um, n..n.. no, I..I... I didn't want to scare you," He stuttered.

"If you don't mind my asking... what are you?" Lucy asked.

"He's a faun I believe," I answered with a smile.

"Yes, I am, and you two must be some beardless dwarf?" The faun questioned. Lucy and I let out some giggles.

"We are not dwarves, we are girls! And, I'm tallest in my class." Lucy said with confidence.

"But you're saying, you are daughters of Eve?" The faun questioned us in shock.

"Well, our mum's name is Helen..." Lucy mumbled.

"No, I believe he is referring to how we are human, am I correct?" I asked unsure. The faun nodded.

"What are you doing here?" The faun asked us.

"Well, we came in through the wardrobe in the spare room, and..." Lucy began telling of our tale.

"Spare Oom, is that in Narnia?" The faun questioned cutting her off.

"Narnia? What's that?" Lucy asked, I nodded confused as well.

"My dear girls, you're in it!  Everything from the lamp post, all the way to castle Cair Paravel on the Eastern Sea, every stick and stone, every icicle, is Narnia," the faun stated with a happy smile on his face.

"This is an awfully big wardrobe," Lucy mumbled as I looked around.

"I'm sorry, please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Tumnus," Mister Tumnus greeted bowing to us.

"Glad to meet you, Mister Tumnus!" Lucy exclaims as she extends her hand for him to shake. "I'm Lucy Pevensie and this is my sister Crescent." She said gleefully, Mister Tumnus simply stared at her hand in confusion. "Oh, you shake it!"

"Why?" Mister Tumnus asked.

"It's a sign of greetings and to show that you and your fellow friend are on a respectful ground," I said, as best an answer I could come up with. "But other than that not one hundred percent sure why they do it," I said, thinking back on it.