47. Manik's POV

Thank you for all your votes and comments.

Manik's POV

   I regretted my words, to Nandini. I had no right to accuse her of staying in her limit whereas it has to be me who should stay in the limit. I can't help it. I expected Mr. Saxena to deny but when never expected Mrs. Saxena spoke against the alliance, I knew I was losing Nandini.

   Just losing her thought created an unavoidable ache in my chest. As if I wanted to cry for her to not to reject it but the proverb what you sow, that you reap. I took the file to read but all I could see was Nandini waving me bye along with Shikha. 

    With all this, I threw the file in frustration. I wanted to ask sorry, I almost took my phone when I remembered she would definitely not pick my call. I am not surprised if she blocked my number. I sat on my bed staring at the pic of Nandini and Shikha together smiling at the camera.

    I think I should be happy with this pic. Suddenly my door opened by my father, I quickly pocked my phone and stood up to greet him. "Hi dad, I was about to review the file". I took the file which was lying on the bed to just pretend I was really about to review it.

    "Leave it, arrange a meeting with Nandini without notifying the rest of the family." My own father's words tied my tongue. I think this is not my father, the man standing in front of me is definitely an imposter. "Can I ask you something, dad?" I need to test him.

    He nodded, "What was the first gift mom gave you?" I asked I very well knew the answer. As a response, he rolled his eyes. "A tight slap. Nao, can you please arrange a meeting?" By the word please it may appear as request but the tone was far from request.

    "Dad, there is no use of meeting. Leave it." I said as I didn't want to become further bad in front of Nandini because of the man in front of me. "I will talk with her please, just one meeting." I was about to protest when the look he gave was terrible. I just nodded and I made a phone call.

     "We have to be near Saxena Mansion to talk with her." At least I can see her for the last time. He just nodded and went away. I really wanted to hunt this man and shake some sense into him. I followed him if the situation gets out of control

   I waited till all the Saxena family except Aliya and Nandini were out. I had asked one of my men to call from the hospital as Gunjan's Grandma got serious. When I felt it was safe to call I called the Nandini "Hello?" I was using my other sim to call her as she would not pick my cal.

    "Nandini, please don't cut the call. It is very important. Dad wants to speak with you regarding Shikha. Please come to the park near to the mansion. We don't have much time. Please." I hung up without waiting as she will come thinking it as an emergency.

    As predicted Nandini came to the park with a shawl around her. "What is it?" The first thing that I recognized was her annoyance with a little frown on her face. Damn it! she looked pretty even when she was angry.

   "I know, you won't have to do anything but I want to say sorry." Nandini was about to interrupt when dad showed his palm. "You know, why I wanted Soha to marry Manik?" That got Nandini's attention. Ok, she is interested in knowing about Soha.

   "Soha's mother was Neyonika's best friend. In fact, Soha's mother was the reason for Neyonika and my wedding. When Soha's mother was on death bed she asked only one thing. That is to protect Soha." He took a deep breath. Even I didn't know these things.

   "Neyonika was so attached to Soha that she wanted Soha as her DIL and even Soha was close to Manik as both of them were inseparable." I rolled my eyes at his words. We were more like enemies. She was a brat and did everything which was instructed us not to be done.

   "We even got Soha and Manik engaged. At the same time, we were hunting for the invention of Aniket. Aniket was illegitimate. That was the one thing we knew and we thought Saxena's family may have anything but when we found the letter written to Nandini then we planned everything." he said and for the first time, I could see guilt.

   "Aniket was a  gem and we didn't want to lose such a family to be a part of the secret factory. So we got to know about you and you know the rest. When you gave your blood and went away, I felt I was doing wrong but I believed Khurana too much." he said.

   "I did everything Khurana said but I knew my son who was having feelings for you. Just to meet you he lied to you that he doesn't know how to ride a bicycle." I hastily turned my back for the glare Nandini was giving me. Thank you so much dad Nanini will hate me more.

   "I didn't want to compromise my son's love so I had brought the proposal to your home. This information angered Khurana and I was able to see his real face. I want to say thank you for saying my son's life and mine as well." He told

   "Now, coming to Shikha, I can't help. If there is any maternal uncle of yours who agrees to take the test then it is ok else we have to train Shikha." His words made Nandni think very deep. I could see her frowning even when I had turned my back and was pretending to make a call.

   "About the day I kidnapped you. I am really sorry. I have regretted saying those words to you always. I know no amount of sorry can make my mistakes vanish but I am sorry. I know I didn't have any right but please give a chance to Manik. " He said and went away in the car we brought.

    How the hell should I go back? I looked at Nandini who was giving me the ook to say something. "Hi?" That got an instant reaction of the slap on my cheek. I think I can my first gift from Nandini is a slap. 

   I kept my palm on the cheek to reduce my pain. "I am sorry," I said lowering my head when I saw what she was doing through my lashes, a small smile was trying to escape and she was trying her best to prevent it.

   "I will never take you as granted from here on. Please just give me a second chance. I will try my best to be a good boyfriend and a good father for Shikha. I promise I will never lie to you......" I was about to continue when my lips were sealed by none other than Nandini.

    She never initiated the kiss. I was shocked would be underestimated. I then heard the horns of cars who were teasing us from the road. I pulled away reluctantly. "So I assume you gave me second chance?" I was still in a daze.

    "I will give you a chance and you will have to prove to me that my decision of giving you a chance was not bad. I will test you, see this, and then will decide." Nandini said and this time I wanted to dance in the middle of the road.

Finally, I will have to work on this but I was happy.

____________________________________________________

So, For the first time Manik's POV. How was it? Do you think Nandini did a good job or she should have never looked at Manik?

Character's Opinion

Lotus_dream: Hi Mukti! So do you want to work with Abhi?

Mukti: Don't take that donkey's name. When Nandini got to know the truth Abhi told everything about my profession to my parents. 

Lotus_dream: What did they do?

Mukti: They were proud of me but for every hour I will receive a call from my parents ensuring that I am alive.

Lotus_dream: Of course, you should be happy

Mukti: Happy my foot! Because of him, my training center for athletes has been closed.

Lotus_dream: Patience is the only thing you can have now.