A forgetton date

Calum's perspective

She lay in my arms, with a glow of pure beauty seeping from her face. Even in the darkest lighting, she seems to somehow shine brighter than any stars in existance. The window was slightly opened, allowing the moonlight hit our body. The wind softly blew on the surface of our skin, leaving shivers to run down our spines. I watched as she peacefully rested, with such an innocent look on her face. I held her hand, being petite in comparison with mine. As I stare at her charming face, I smile, being charmed at her every movement. The way she scrunched up her nose was cute. The way she giggled was adorable. I knew I loved her, but now I feel in love with her, which was completely different in a way.

This is the face I want to wake up to every morning. This is the face I want to marry. This is the face I want to have children with. This is the face I want to grow old with. This is the face I am in love with, and there is no other face I would rather do this with.

I open my eyes to witness Luke and Kaitlin in front of me. "Happy Birthday Calum!!!!" I sat in confusion. "Yeah thanks, where's y/n?" Luke and Kaitlin in return give me a puzzled look. "I don't know, text her."

Hey baby girl where are you??? ~Calum

At the mall with a friend. Why? ~y/n

Um I don't know, what's today?!?! ~Calum

I don't know, Tuesday. ~y/n

My date of birth you asshole. ~Calum

Oh yeah, it's the day after our anniversary. ~y/n

Wow. ~Calum

Okay, bye. ~y/n

My eyes filled with tears at the thought of the love of my life forgetting my birthday. I had planned on giving her the promise ring tonight, but under these circumstances, I don't even think I should be with her. If she can't remember my damn birthday, then how can we even make a commitment. I kept the ring in my pocket all day, remembering how horrible y/n is for forgetting my birthday, and not even wishing me a happy birthday after I told her. "What's wrong Cal?" Luke said sympathetically, noticing the hurt look on my face. I handed him my phone. After staring at my phone for awhile, he gave me a brotherly hug. "Let's go out to eat, and afterwards you can come back and talk with her tonight." You listened to his advice. "Okay, sounds good." You were going to break up with her as soon as you saw her.