Chapter 1-A nightmare turned into reality

Bethany's POV

"I hate you""you're the worst""you should kill yourself""you're so ugly", a few of the messages I had received from the haters.

I lowered the screen of my laptop and stood up. I wiped some tears that had trickled down my face. "Don't let it get to you" I told myself, but i couldn't.

Derek was in the shower. We had been dating for a few years since Dancing with the stars ended.

I rubbed my hand over my stomach and walked to the balcony and looked down. I was on the third story of the hotel. They're right I am so ugly. I hoisted myself over the edge of the balcony and sat there. It was a beautiful view. I started to cry as this was going to be the end. I looked down again before hearing him call my name.

Derek's POV

"Bethany", I called looking around. I had just finished in the shower although my hair was still a bit damp.
I noticed that the balcony doors were open. I quickly walked over, and to my horror, saw Bethany on the other side of the balcony.

She turned her head to look at me. Her stunning, radiant hair was blowing through the gusty wind. "Bethany, please come to the other side", I pleaded as tears began trickling down my checks. "Why should I, everyone hates me", she explains. "That's not true, I love you Beth, please don't leave me", I begged her. She stared at me, tears flowing down her face. She blinked a few away. "I'm so sorry it had to end this way, goodbye Derek, I love you", she said before letting go.

I ran to the balcony and watched her plummet to the ground. I turned around and fled down the stairs as I dialled 911. "911 what's your emergency", the operator asked. "My girlfriend is dead, she committed suicide", I cried. She asked me for the address. I gave it to her before hanging up. Then I arrived at the place where Bethany was.

I kneeled down onto the ground. She laid there. There was blood seeping out of her back and her eyes were closed. Her face was stained with the final tears she had shed. She was wearing a silky white nightgown.
I placed my hand on the back of her head. Her hair was so smooth. "Bethany, please don't leave me", I pleaded, but this wasn't a horrific nightmare. This was real, and Bethany Noel Mota wasn't coming back.