Chapter 5 - A special day

By The time I had turned my head to see who it was, no one was there. It made me snap out of my thoughts and I realized, 'I have been in the woods for hours'

I slowly started to walk back to the castle, not really wanting to. As a reached the castles ground, I walked over to the kitchen door, walking down some stairs and entering the kitchen. I placed the basket of flowers and other finds on a table away from the food.

"Oh, how it smells wonderful Lucy and Andy" I said to the main Baker and cook in the kitchen.

"Well it is a special day" Lucy said and smiled at me.

"A special day?" I said to myself, 'What special day? It wasn't anyone's birthday.'

~✩~

I got to my room and closed the door behind me. I went into my bathroom that is connected to my room and turned on the shower.

"A special day..." I said again "I should probably go for a little fancier dress. Who knows what father have planned now" I got out and found a dress.

I went to one of the few halls no one walks on, I walked over to the stairs that lead up to the astronomy tower and also my study-office

Heels clicking the stone stairs one by one. By the last step, I could see the sun was slowly going down. I walked over to my desk and looked at the clock.

"16:49, time does go faster now a days"

I sat down and got my work ready. Starting to write down from where I had left on from yesterday. It's quite simple, I was trying to find ways for new spells and potions.

(AN: imagine the potion wasn't made or you made it better)

Calming Draught - a serenity potion:

A potion that is used to calm a person down after they have had suffered a shock, trauma, or emotional outburst

Ingredients:

- 5 tablespoons of Ocean Fenugreek

- 1 pinch of Red Vine

- 1 tablespoon of Orange Safflower

-  1 stem of lavender

-  1/2 a crocodile heart

-  1 tablespoon of peppermint sugar

-  1 Valerian root, minced

-  1 drachm calendula pollen

-  3 skullcap leaves

-  1/2 drachm powdered root of asphodel (scant)

-  1 Hyacinth flower, whole

-  1-ounce slime from the belly of a sprightly frog

-  4 drop glumbumble fluid (take care not to overuse!)

After writing the ingredients, I started working on how to make it. Now this was a simple potion for first or second graders to learn. I looked at the clock and it had been two hours.

"Oh! how my parents willlll fucking killlll meeeeee! Why am I always late for dinner" I ran down the stairs and walked speedy to the main floor where the dining room was. I walked by some rooms and noticed some people I have never seen before, but I didn't think much of it.

I got to the grand door of the dining room and as the guards opened the doors for me, while I stood in the middle of the doorway, I turned my head. I noticed what they meant,

 I noticed what they meant,

"A special day..."