chapter 16 / daily banter

3rd Person POV

Cool winds, thin air, blistering sun shielded away by the thick green of the ancient forest.
A peaceful scenery hiding away three unique individuals that the rest of the world had pronounced dead. Three people the world couldn't tolerate. Not the way it was. Not at this time.
A typical day on Ukuthula island began when a little fairy rose from her slumber. Precisely an hour before sunrise. She was never late, the sense of time pulsating through her blood.
An hour of peace. The winged creature combed her long white hair in deep thought. Her hair, the only thing that time had drained of her body's previous glory. It took nothing of her glowing beauty. Two vibrant eyes one pink one blue outshone any colour in the world. Her white locks framed them perfectly acting as the canvas capturing the beauty and soul they held.
She flew through the fresh morning breeze letting it play with her hair, letting it carry her over the green mountain slope, then she tied it up. A braided bun, her usual hairstyle kept it out of duty's way.

The hour had passed and so had the last minutes of sleep for the other two inhabitants of Ukuthula island.
"Wake up sleepyheads! Time for morning exercise!"

Two grumpy figures were thrown out of bed just to come alive when breathing in the salty sea breeze, the sweet scent that carried a promise of adventure and life.
The sun hovered over the southeast of the coast marking 8°clock. The morning run was finished and breakfast began.

"Voice!"

A shout rang through the air triggered by some friendly morning banter. Today it seemed that the dark haired male pirate had been tricked by delicious looking chocolates filled with the most spicy love of the female elf's chilli plants.
Laughter and screams ran through the air. Teasing, taunting and time ran out.
10am, Haki exercise. Black fists collided, red sparks flashed across eyes and powerful waves swept through the air, making anything that was ignorant enough to come close to the spectacle drop unconscious. Determination and conviction faught off all exhaustion until noon.

A delicious smell wafted through the air leading two fighters into the kitchen to which the third had long escaped to.
Peace and quiet, a little revenge.
The females rested for the quickly approaching afternoon spar. A grinning pirate however watched as his revenge ripped away the elf's chance of rest. A chase followed with the itchy plants that had been planted into her bed being thrown after the laughing pirate.
"I told you you'd regret it!" The elf shouted as she got her revenge in the afternoon spar. The fairy sat back smiling, happy that for once she had escaped being a target of some silly prank. A teary eyed pirate offered peace and hands were shook just as 5°clock came around.

Free time.
At first the two females escaped to the research laboratory, mixing herbs and discussing subjects the spying pirate couldn't comprehend. Bored he chose his new target. This time it was the fairy. With a jump he was in the middle of the room tickling her as the elf grabbed him by his shirt and threw him back out slamming the door in his face. Grumpy the boy went on to explore the island. Just when the boredom returned his eyes began to shine. The female elf was sneaking off to somewhere. He went to tail her.
Her destination was the ocean.
Grinning mischievously he hid behind a tree watching as a blush grew on his face. The elf was removing her clothes obviously preparing to go for a swim. Flustered he let his concentration falter, revealing his presence. Alarmed the female elf looked in his direction. Noticing that she was only dressed in her underwear she erupted in a blush, which quickly turned into an evil grin.

Swiftly she disappeared from view just to reappear behind the spying pirate. He jumped but it was to late. A good smack and a few threats later he sat in the dining room eating dinner as the elf continued to glare at him. She pretended to ignore him however whenever no one was looking a happy smile appeared on her face, revealing that she had long forgiven the pirate. It was just part of their daily banter.
Finally the pirate apologized in agony over the uncomfortable silence and all was well.
Time flew by and soon the three exhausted figures dropped into bed.

That was an ordinary day on Ukuthula island.