Chapter 31

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the Runaway Slut!" Williams words boiled my blood.

Valdo quickly stood from beside me, "I don't know who you are, but you have no right saying those words to her."

William gave a cold laugh, "Who the hell are you?" he questioned. He looked behind Valdo and noticed the sleeping baby. "Oh let me guess, You're the man she pinned her baby on. Well let me tell you this, it's probably not yours. She's tried to pin it on a few of my friends, even me."

I quickly stood from my seat, "That's not true. You know that's not true. William, why are you acting like this? In front of everyone?" I looked around at the other customers, and their attention was glued to the scene. Some persons already had their phones recording everything. By tomorrow the whole town will know about tonight's scene.

He rolled his eyes, "It's not like everybody doesn't already know that you and your mother are sluts of Alton."

My mother jumped out of her seat to attack from, but Valdo held her back.

William laughed "Now I understand why so many men like you. You're a wildcat. What a pity your daughter isn't so jungle-like in bed. Would have been sweet to have her clawing my back.

I moved forward with my hands rolled in a fist, but Valdo stopped me and shook his head.

"Shut up! Shut up right now. You have no right to be saying those things." My blood was boiling. How could William be so heartless? How could he look at me and say all those bad things? Why did he pattern to long me for so long if he believed everything that the other villagers did? And most importantly, why the hell didn't, I notice the signs during our relationship?

"Is that how you talk about a woman?" Valdo asked in a calm tone.

William laughed hysterically as if Valdo had just told him a joke. "Woman!" he laughed and started pointing at other women in the restuarant. "That's a woman. That's a woman. She is a woman but these two in front of me. They're not women. They're just sluts that men use and dispose of when they're finished with them."

"You don't know anything about me, young man!" My mother shouted. "I've never slept with anyone from this town."

He touched his forehead, "Yea, probably but you've slept with all the men that have past through." he laughed, "Why do you think they left so quickly? No one wants to settle down with a whore."

"You don't know anything about me, young man!" My mother repeated. "I'm not a whore. Never have been and never will be." She defended. "I've worked hard all my life for my daughter to have a better life. I didn't work so hard to have a good-for-nothing rich boy to insult me in my face. Instead of preying into other people's business, why don't you go to college?" she chuckled. "Oh, I forgot. Colleges don't take airheads."

William rushed closer to us with his hands in a fist, "You bitch."

Valdo stopped him halfway, backing him off from us.

"Hit a button, didn't it?" she teased.

William pushed Valdo away from him. "Don't touch me."

"So I should stand by and watch you hit a woman?" Valdo asked. "You must be out of your mind?"

"Stop calling these bitches women!" he shouted. "Can't you see they're nothing but a pair of broke-ass whores? Like mother, like daughter." he looked down at Jamaica. "I'm sure she's going to be a whore too."

Valdo took a few steps closer to him, "That's it. You've crossed the line. Don't bring Jamaica in your argument."

William burst out laughing, "Jamaica? Fits perfectly, broke girl would name her child after a broke country."