Epilogue

"Doc, may isa pang pasyente."

Agad akong napatigil sa pag-aayos ng mga gamit ko nang pumasok ang isang nurse. I was about to have my lunch. Tinignan ko siya kaya para siyang kinakabahang nagsasabi sa akin.

"All our RadTechs are attending to other patients po, e." Dagdag niya. "Pero left elbow lang naman po ito." She described.

I nodded and placed my things back. She handed me the paper where the information about the patient was written.

Napaawang ang mga labi ko when I saw her name. I immediately felt nervous dahil baka kung anong nangyari sa siko niya. I'm assuming she had an accident in her work. Pero mukha namang minor lang.

Pero alam niya kayang nandito na ako? I'm sure she's still mad. I scanned her details and I saw that Dela Cuesta was still her surname. I smirked.

But I also thought, this is still not the right time. I got out of the room and tried to find someone to attend to her but no one is available. Huminga ako nang malalim, accepting that our encounter after almost 10 years will be because of x-ray.

I decided to go back to the x-ray room dahil naroon na raw siya. When I entered, she was staring blankly on my name plate. Mukhang ngayon palang niya nalaman.

I cleared my throat and, "Thank you for patiently waiting, Miss."

Agad siyang lumingon para makita ako. Her face changed from being shocked to being zoned out. She blinked for a couple times to verify that she's seeing me for real.

Nice to see you again, my love.

"Let's examine your left elbow." I went to my seat but she's still in shock.

Gusto kong matawa sa itsura niya pero baka lalong madagdagan ang galit niya sa akin so I tried to act professional.

"How are you feeling?" I asked before starting her x-ray.

"Why are you asking me that?" Suplada niyang sagot.

I was blown away by her answer and I was not able to contain my laugh anymore.

"Because I'm a doctor and we'll assess your elbow?" I said.

Mukha siyang nahimasmasan at bumalik na sa katinuan. "I fell on my left elbow."

Agad kong tinignan ang kaliwang braso niyang mayroong cast. By the look of her face, she does not seem hurt. Maybe, napilitan lang siya pero mabuti na rin. Kahit hindi ito ang inaasahan kong pagkikita namin, I'm still glad we did.

I stood up and started. I gestured her to follow me. She was so nervous and tensed. Noong hawakan ko ang braso niya para tanggalin ang cast niya, I felt her shake. I smiled by myself. I missed moments of her like that.