20

I woke up feeling the warm breeze brushes my skin, remembering the incident that just happened I open my eyes to check onto Pavel, but to my confusion as I'm welcomed by the clearest sky I ever seen in my whole life. I got up, looking around to just realized that I've been laying on a green field and I'm at the most beautiful place I ever seen. There are tall trees, and fresh flowers, everywhere I look, and the sky is so blue you can see the pure white clouds in detailed- as if I'm inside a wonderful painting.

I stand up feeling so light like I'm a leaf floating on the air, I start to wonder around to know where I'm really at and how did I arrived here at the first place. I'm at the middle of watching the most beautiful butterflies I ever scene when I heard someone speaks.

"Aren't the butterflies fun to watch." I turn around to see who have spoken.

Smiling at me is an old man with a silver beard wearing all white formal suit. I was about to ask who he is but then I was stopped when he greeted me by my name. "Nice to finally meet you Dome."

"H-how do you know my name sir?" I asked. Confused as I don't recall meeting him before.

"Let just say I have been watching you help all the people in need, regardless of their wealth and personalities." He said smiling, but I can't still help myself to be confused. I stare at him for a few seconds before it hit me.

It can't be, right? No. I'm not yet dead, I can't be dead.

"Don't worry my son." He suddenly said as if he have heard my thoughts. "I just called the presence of your soul here to have some few words with you."

"Few words?" I asked.

"I'm sure you know why I'm able to call your soul at the first place."

Voice getting more weaker as for every word I said, "B-because I died f-from catching the bullet that is meant for Pavel." unsure if that's the real reason.

"Why did you do it?" He asked looking straight to my eyes.

"I-I don't know." I replied, questioning my own self. I've been aware that Pavel is an immortal Demon which mean even he got shot by that bullet he will still live, right?

"There's always a reason for every action we made son."

"My- my heart just told me to- I guess," I said and the man in front of me just hummed. "For that moment I once again forgot that Pavel was not a mortal like me- so I run, I run to save him... Because I got afraid of the thought of him dying." I said, inhaling as I suddenly felt heavy on my chest.

"Why is that?" He asked.

"Because I love him." And for the first time I voiced it, admitting that I have fallen to Pavel despite of knowing he's a Demon who's only after my soul.

"You're aware that Phoom is a fallen angel, how could you love him." He said sounding disbelief to what I just said.

I shook my head, "He never treated me like he was a one– fallen angel. For me he is just an angel that have been guarding me and helping me in times I need someone," I said reminiscing the moments I have with Pavel. "For those days I live with him he helped me boost my confidence that I'm lacking my whole life." I pause, to breathe.

"He may be a fallen angel but he never act like he was one." I stated, finally looking up to face the elder man in front of me.

"I think I have heard enough then." He said smiling before he slowly fade to the air.

I looked around to see the whole place slowly being eaten up by a very warm bright white light making me shut my eyes.