Prologue

My name is Jacob Larson but everyone calls me Jake. I have a very interesting life. I'm a founding member and the bass guitarist of the band, Saturn Mutants. Heard of us? Well, if you haven't, you've been living under a fucking rock (or maybe on Uranus? Yeah, I went there!).

We're one of the most famous bands in the world, and have been going strong for over a decade now. I've seen and done stuff only your dreams have held. Some of it's been good, some of it's been bad, and some of it has been fucking crazy.

A lot of it has been fucking crazy actually. It's been crazy, and scary. But it's my life. Even the scary shit, like almost losing my ex-lover-best-friend to suicide, and coming out the other side of a fatal car crash involving an RV, a tour bus, and a pile of boulders, well...I wouldn't trade any of it. I wouldn't change any of it. Not the good, not the bad.

Because if I changed anything, it wouldn't be my life, and I wouldn't be me. I love my life. So if some deity came to me right now, and said, "You can redo life", I'd just shake my head and say, "Nah, man, I'm good."

None of this would've happened though had I never met one person. You may have heard of him--Orion Bauwens? If you haven't, seriously, your head's in Uranus. He's a sweet guy, when he's not totally fucked up. Luckily (for everyone involved) it seems like his fucked up days are over with, thanks to his awesome husband, Tristan.

I would never have known Tristan, who is an incredible man, if it weren't for Orion. I wouldn't have been part of Saturn Mutants with a fistful of accolades without Orion. Fuck, I probably would still be a virgin, scared to admit I like men, if it wasn't for Orion.

So who is this wondrous man, the man who sky-rocketed me to fame, the man who has done crazy shit (and by proxy made me do crazy shit), the man who I may or may not have lost my virginity to?

You know him as Orion Bauwens, sexy lead singer of Saturn Mutants. The man who wears black clothes exclusively and who dyes his hair even blacker. The man who created a new fucking genre of rock. The man who managed to go through two rehab stints out of the glare of the spotlight, only to come clean about the experience of his own volition. The celebrity who's been stalked. The celebrity who's sister was told she'd never walk again, and yet does cartwheels on stage now as a big 'fuck you!' to the odds.

Now, while all that is Orion Bauwens, let me peel back those layers. This is the Ori that I know and will always love, come hell or high water...