Chapter Ten: His Mother

I pulled into his driveway a little bit shaky. I had just driven my car for the first time, and I did not crash. I had not experienced the awful feeling of driving into another car. I had lived through my first drive. 

Sam's house was very simple. It was not small, but it was not huge. The outside was a cream-white color. I felt like this house was a home to very good people.  

I slowly opened my door and stepped out. The concrete was hard, as was expected, but what was not expected was the spider that flew into my face.  

I screamed loudly, and me feet did a little jig as my hands flew everywhere. The web was in my hair and I felt little legs crawl on my face. I smacked my face all over and I felt my hand hit it and smear it on my face.  

I stopped and stared at my hand, disgusted. There were spider guts on my hand, and my face. My hand had been clean, and I had just killed an innocent being. It had only been living in it's home, and I intruded and proceeded to kill it. This was murder.

I bit my lip and opened my purse. My purse had way too much stuff in it. I had black make-up, my wallet, my iTouch, my, my wipes! Here they were.

I grabbed them and pulled one out. The lemon scent hit me first. Mmm. I loved lemons. I wiped off my hand, and then hopped in the car to use my mirror as I wiped the smashed being off of my face.

Then after I was finished, I stepped out.

I walked up to their door, took a deep breath, and knocked. The sound echoed profoundly throughout the yard. I jumped back slightly, just as the door opened.

There Nick stood in a white tank top, and basketball shorts. A grin lit up his face, and his eyes sparkled, making butterflies go off in my stomach. He was happy that I was here, and that made me happy.

"Come in!" He said, ushering me through the door. "My mother should be home soon, she went to get some stuff for dinner."  

I hugged him. "Hello."  

He hugged me back. "I'm glad to see you happy for once. It makes me happy as well." he pulled away and looked into my eyes. "Your smile is beautiful, it could light up a city that was in the middle of a blackout." 

I smiled, he was so kind. "Aw thanks. But I'm so tired, can we sit down?"  

"Yes!" he exclaimed. "Absolutely." he pulled me over to the couch, and he sat down. I decided to sit with him and laid on his lap. I buried my face in his shirt, causing his to laugh a little.  

There was a fireplace with flames dancing around in it. The house was warm and cozy. Sam and I cuddled on the couch as we watched the fireplace come to life. Red, orange, and yellow fire twirled and turned on the logs.  

He was cozy and warm, and I enjoyed his company.  

"Eh-em." someone cleared their throat behind us.  

"Mom!" he exclaimed, and I sat up quickly, him mirroring the movement. 

He stood up, and placed his arms on my shoulders, after I rose. "Mom, this is Tasha. Tasha, this is my mom."  

His mom and I eyed each other, and then shook hands. "Well Tasha, I was just going to make supper and cookies, would you be so kind as to stay for dinner?" 

I was delighted. "Why of course! Thank you, ma'am. Is there anything I can help with?" 

"No, of course not silly; and please, call me Mary." her eyes twinkled the same way Sam's eyes did, and I knew that her and I would get along perfectly.  

I held Sam's hand as we say back down, and I laid my head on his shoulder. He moved slightly, and kissed my forehead.