𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧. gone rogue

☾𝐯𝐢𝐢. ═════════

═════════ 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

IN SPITE OF WANTING to forget about everything so badly, Emilia couldn't bring herself to grab Valerio's rolled-up banknote and snort a line of coke.

Watching Guzmán do it, the boy's face absolutely desperate before and after, and then the look he shot in the direction of the girl, standing by the door and watching, were enough to make her reconsider her not exactly firm intention.

"Do you have something else?" she found herself asking Valerio, who was shaking out his head and grinning like a boy after doing his line. "Like, I don't know, some pills or just something less..."

It was certainly embarrassing to admit that she was too much of a coward, but witnessing the whole act made it seem somewhat more real, and more serious. She knew that she was realistically just as desperate as the boys in front of her, but maybe she wouldn't have to let herself go that far in her search for a cure for sadness.

"Not now, but I'll have stuff at the party," Valerio grinned, fortunately not teasing her. Emilia felt shitty enough already. "I'll have the finest selection for you there, amor. Right now, I unfortunately only have my private poison."

"Right. Thanks," Emilia muttered, watching Valerio cheerfully gleam out of the door and wanting to escape Guzmán, who had been staring at her nonstop, as soon as possible.

"Why do you need this?"

Too slow.

"You won't believe it, Guzmán, but there are other people in this world who have different problems than you do," she sighed, trying not to be mean - only honest. "I just wanna forget about everything for a little while. You could understand that."

"Sure," the blond agreed dubiously. "I just don't think that it's worth it unless - unless you absolutely have to."

"You never have to," Emilia noted. "You just want to."

Guzmán didn't reply, and the girl was glad. Just speaking with him and his tortured voice made her painfully aware of her reason - the unbearable guilt.

The VIP area in Barceló was one of the most depressing places Emilia had ever been to. Just being settled next to Lu with whom she arrived made the blonde want to hit herself with a bottle of champagne in her head and beat, until she was unconscious.

However, it was still a much better option than sitting next to Carla. Emilia had no idea how she would deal with the confrontation she had drunkenly proposed - so she delayed it. Hopefully, until never.