Chapter Three

Valeria

I heard a scream, it was very faint. I was in the woods looking for inspiration on a drawing. The words were beautiful yet mysteries at the same time. It was a beautiful combo indeed.

I thought back to the scream. I needed to find whoever it came from and get some help as soon as possible! Or, I could get someone to help them, like Chiron but he wasn't here. He was going someone, no one knew. Well, I didn't know. Many people don't like being in the shadows, or the dark, but I love it! No one talking to me means me not talking to them, which is a blessing from the gods. I don't often get compared to my parents but its fine. My parents are amazing people and did something amazing that nothing can outlive. It just means that nobody expects or demanded a lot from me which is also a blessing.

I continued to walk when I finally found not one but two boys on the ground. I knew I couldn't carry them both and I feared what would happen if I left them here. I needed to hurry through. One boy was bleeding out. They wore purples shirts, "Romans."

The other boy who was on the bottom of the bleeding out the other one had a broken leg. I could see that for sure. I would have called out but I didn't want to attract attention over to us. Two of them were injured, I'm a pretty small person standing at 5' feet tall weighing 85 pounds. I was already struggling to hold my supplies. I put down my things taking my jacket off. I was surprised the boys didn't have jackets themselves. I took my scissors and cut a small piece of fabric off of my coat, wrapping the bleeding boy. He was way taller than me. He was dark-skinned with a short hair cut. He wasn't chubby but he wasn't skinny. He sure was tall though, I sighed, "I need to get some help."

I shook the boy with the broken leg, no answer. They both needed medical attention and I don't think my sweater would do it. I looked in the direction where the camp was. All the lights were off it was bedtime. I didn't know what to do. I ran to the closest cabin, the unclean cabin. I didn't know the person in this cabin but I panicked.

Charlott

I was walking back from the parking lot. I was ready to go to sleep already. Today had been a long day. We weren't really allowed to roam at night. Thats why when I saw the girl knocking at my door like it was her last day alive I was confused. "Is everything alright?"

She jumped, "Please don't eat me! I don't taste good, please," She cried

"I- I'm not going to eat you."

She opened her eyes, "You're not?"

"No, I just need to know why you're knocking on my door."

"Your door? Thank gods," she continued, "I found two Romans, one bleeding the other one with a broken leg."

I didn't know what to say. This has never happened to me. And no one ever came for my help. "Okay, What do you need my help for?"

"Help me carry them."

"Okay, where should we put them?"

She looked back at me, "The infirmary is locked."

"We can put them in my cabin, I'm the only one in there so I have the room space."

"Good thinking."

We each grabbed a boy and went on our way