Chapter Eight

Zoe

"So, how are you taking all of this in?"

I looked at Jessie, "Well, many people want to lock me up, so, I really don't know." I looked at him, "I'm happy that I'm finally apart of something. But, I'm sad knowing that it'll end soon."

"Why do you think that?"

"I have this feeling."

He nodded and smiled, "Don't worry."

"Well, how do you feel? We basically kidnapped you."

"I'm also happy that I get to be apart of something."

"I'm sorry about the camp, I was being rude."

"No, you weren't."

I laughed out loud, "Yes, I was. People usually don't talk to me, I'm bad luck."

"And why is that?"

"Well, I'm the first unclaim in years, and well, the only one."

"if it means something, anything. I don't think you're bad luck."

"Thank you, well, tell me about yourself."

"I'm 15, I have older siblings, younger siblings, my parents were members of the seven."

"Be more specific. What are your 'older siblings' names?"

"Well, my brother, Sky is the oldest, and my sister, Amelia was the second oldest."

Amelia...

"What do you mean was?"

"She died. She went on this quest with this guy, and they both went missing. No, one found their bodies. It's been, I think two years. They're most likely dead"

"Grace?"

He looked at me weird, I looked like I had seen a ghost, which I had, I think, "Yeah it is, Jessie Grace." He smiled

"Oh, my gods..."

"What? Is something wrong?"

I tried to laugh it off but it came out as some of a long cough, "Yeah, everything's fine."

Amelia Grace... What happened to you?

I couldn't help but wonder about her, was she dead, or not? twenty-three years ago in the war against Gaia, she had the doors of death open. Anything and anyone died had the chance of being brought back. Was this the case for Amelia? And whoever she was with? Were her two friends 'dead too'? Ugh, I just wanted to know!

I'm curious about a lot of things, it's my fatal flaw.

Thats what Chiron said, one day it would kill me.

My parents, the secrets in the camp, Amelia... I honestly almost forgot about my parents which is weird. I don't know anything about them. What they looked like... I do know they were both Greek demigods, and they loved me. I have wild blond, curly hair, my mother maybe was an apollo kid. Definitely not a child of Athena. I also have bright green eyes, they kinda scare me. I bet my father was a child of Demeter. Though, I don't exactly have a green thumb or musical taste. Maybe one of them was a child of Hermes? No, I'm not good at jokes, and I'm not really athletic. So, maybe not. It's one of these things I don't want to be curious about for the rest of my life.

He smiled, "Got any food in those bags?"

I thought for a second, "Uh, yeah we do."

I handed him a bag of chips and a fruit punch

"Thanks."

"Yeah, of course."

"So, tell me about yourself."

"Huh?"

"I want you to talk about yourself."

"Well, there's nothing much to say."

"There has to be, what's your story?"

"I don't have a story," We made eye contact

"Everyone has a story."

"Well, I'm not everybody,' I continued, "Parents died when I was maybe two, and thats it."

"Zoe," He looked at me, "Everyone has a story, including you."

"Thank you, Jessie."

We talked forever. Topics ranging from food to experience, it was a long time, and before we knew it, the sun was rising.

Valeria was the first to wake up then Kai. "Moring."

"Moring," Kai smiled at her

Jessie leaned over to me, "They should just get married already."

"Yeah, they should."

I tried to sleep but it was kinda hard. I thought about everything under the sun. It's weird but for the first time, I forgot all about my parents. It wasn't long before I drifted to sleep.

A woman with blond curly hair was right next to me. She was talking to someone... They couldn't see me. I've heard about dreams like these. They can't see or hear me. just weird demi-god things.

"The child is dead."

"Not my baby," the lady with blond hair cried.

The other lady signed, "No reason to cry, you can't do anything about these kinds of things." And then she walked out like nothing.

I felt bad, I think. This was a new feeling. I felt empty. I wanted to numb this feeling. It was like an alarm clock waking me up from dead sleep. I just wanted it to stop. The lady continued to cry, no words.

"First my dear Zoe, now my baby."

My dear Zoe? Lady? What did you mean? "What?"

I continued to call for her. "Please answer me."

The lady laid down. "Percy... Where are you?"

I tried to move but I couldn't. "Percy? Please answer me!" I continued to cry. I just wanted this to stop. Was this woman my mother? Were my parents Alive?

"Zoe, Please find me... Please find me." She looked at the sky, there was a little square opening. Above that there was water.

"25.0000° N, 71.0000° W," She closed her eyes, "Swim all the way down my daughter."