Nothing can save me ( A prequel from Rebel's remorse)

There are two people are lost in the cave, it was you and your friend, you are trapped inside after the exit is been collapsed by the quake, then you are using their glow sticks and flashlights to light the way through the darkness.

To try to find the way out, but in every tunnel, there is nothing but dead ends, lava and other dangers beneath the surface.

Your friend is tried and mostly cried, you were lost and hungry, you eat and drank the last of your meal.

"We're going to die, I mean we're lost in the cave, I think..." Your friend cried, lost at words.

You lightly pat your friend's shoulder, you look into the tearful eyes, "No one is going to die, come on we're still out of there"

"But we're... What is that?"

Then suddenly, you hear the sorrowful voice of a young woman, the voice of a operatic rock singer echoing all the walls in the cave, she sang slow and play with her voice like painting pictures on the frame.

You recognize the song...

They stood in the fire
They burn with desire
With love and emotion
They dance with devotion

They stood in the fire
They burn with desire
With love and emotion
They dance with devotion

You follow the voice in the tunnels, but your friend grabs your arm and pulls you back.

"What?" you asked.

Your friend is shaking, you can feel the wobbling from your arm, "What if there is a ghost in there" your friend said in fear.

"There are no ghosts in there, come on, someone will help us"

Then you let go of your friend and walked through another tunnel where you still hear the voice.

Walking through the rocky walls, until you came into a walls that looked like a old structure with strange inscriptions in vegetation that you never seen before.

You two light on the walls looking at the strange figures, curiously, they are all in lines and strange shapes.

Then there is a giant figure on the ceiling, then you stopped and stare at the figure.

"What is it" your friend asked and looked at the figure.

"It looked like a cross, look here"

"But what is that under that cross"

You looked carefully, and you saw a halo with the wave shapes.

"Probably a pool" you reply.

You looked down and you saw a vine wall, but there are beams of light from the wall.

"Help me get off these vines"

You and your friend pull the vines off together, and you saw a light illuminate from the tunnel in front of you.

You two run through the light, joyfully thinking that is a way out in front of you.

When you're passed through the light, you are now in the ruins illuminate by the moon, it lookes like a colosseum but much smaller.

You two looked for stairs, but then a raspy voice behind you saying, "You shouldn't... Been there".

You looked back and you saw a woman drenched in dark red dripping down the dark pool, there are chains, barbwires, and thin sharp wires that are been pierced all of flesh apart from head to toe, even in her eyes, they are pulling her apart with the shape of the cross.

She was been imprisoned and tied up in the ropes of pain, and wears a white faceless mask with a familiar symbol crossed out.

"Don't you stand there and get out of here" a woman said, but she had no pain in her voice.

But you have a pity for her, and you want her to get out of there, but you know there is nothing you can do about it.

"What happened to you" you ask curiously, then you walk near and looked at her.

"Long story" a imprisoned woman reply.

"Don't go near her" your friend cried.

You turned back and shush, then you looked back at the imprisoned woman, smiling.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt your friend" she said, "Where do you came from?" she ask with a sound of curiosity.

You like her voice, it was like a poet saying lively words in musical way, "We're from Monsterian Caticanus in Discord District" you reply.

"Ah yes, a place that I fell in love with" she sounded sad now.

"You lived there"

"Once, yes, but then I was been taken away from these bastards when things have changed in this place" then she sounded angry.

"But why are you here, why are you been ended up like this? You have to get out of there" you said, like you pushing her around.

"Because I deserve to the there, I make bad things here, that is why they throw me away and ended up tearing by these things, and I loved to be there" a imprisoned woman began to cry.

You really wish you want to bring her with you and get out of this place.

But then a eerie of animals came from nowhere form the walls of this small colosseum, a imprisoned woman turns her head and she knew what is going on.

"Take the stairs and don't look back" she told them.

"But where" your friend ask.

A imprisoned woman tilt her head to the right, "Behind you, on your right".

You two looked back and there is a small zigzag of stairs all the way to the top, you run there.

"NOW GO AND DON'T LOOK BACK... IF YOU DON'T, YOU'LL BE ENDED UP LIKE ME" she warmed you as she raised her voice as you run to the top.

You never looked back until you reach to the top, you are now outside of the cave where you trapped in when you looked back.

You never get or asked for her name, but at least you and your friend are out of there.

"Come on, let's go back home" your friend bush off the dirt off the clothes.

"Yeah... Home"

You take a last glane at the collapsed cave then you walked back home.