Something About It

PHILIP POV

We continue working in silence. We were both avoiding talking at all costs.

"Hamilton?" I heard Ella say while we work.

"Yeah?"

"Do you have extra paper? I ran out" I groaned and grabbed a stack of paper to hand to her.

"Thanks"

"How much research have you done that you need more paper?" I walked over to the table she was sitting at.

"Well a good bit..."

I looked down at the stacks of paper all completely filled with notes and information.

"Holy shit" I mutter. "YOU WRITE AS MUCH AS MY DAD!" I screamed throwing my hands in the air.

She just shrugged and went back to writing.

"Kids what's the yelling about?" Mr. Jefferson walked in and said.

"Did you know your child writes like my dad?!" I tried not to scream but it sounded like I did.

"You're just jealous!" Ella yelled from where she was sitting.

"Well dang..." Tomas said.

"HOW DO YOU WRITE SO MUCH?!" I screamed again.

This time Mr. Washington and my dad come in.

"What's going on in here?" Pa asked.

"Ella! She writes like you!" I yelled pointing at Ella then my dad.

"That's impressive" George said.

"Wow" my dad quietly stated.

Ella just shrugged again and went back to work, ignoring all of us. George, Thomas, and Pa left so I went back to work.

For some reason I couldn't focus. Like my mind kept changing the subject... to Ella fucking Jefferson.

I hate her, she's a Jefferson, I hate her attitude, and she hates me. But why can't I stop thinking about her. There's something about her.

"Yo, are you going to keep staring at me or what?" Ella said quickly pulling me out of my thoughts. I didn't even realize I was staring at her. I looked away and tried to got back to work. "What's up with you today?" Ella asked.

"What do you mean?" I replied confused.

"I don't know... You're just not acting like yourself I guess."

"Oh" I sighed and she snickered before going back to work.

"Ellie, we're heading home now." Tomas said walking into the room. Ella started packing up. "Philip, Washington told me to tell you that your father will be a while."

I sighed. "Of course"

Ella looked at me then looked at her dad and back at me. "Philip, do you want a ride home?" She said putting me in complete shock.

"What?" Me and Mr. Jefferson said at the same time.

"I don't really think it's that complicated" Ella said putting her hands on her hips.

"Um, yeah... thanks" I said packing up.

"Don't mention it dork." She smiled a bit which surprised me. "Just remember you owe me"

I laughed a bit. "Alright nerd."

While we were in the car my mind raced. Why was she being so nice? Why did her little laugh sound so cute? Why-