What's Up With This

Third person POV

'Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god. What the fuck did I just do? Why did I kiss back?!' Ella thought.

'Holy shit I just kissed her. And she just kissed back. This has to be a dream. Eleanor Jefferson would never kiss me.' Philip thought.

The kids stared at each other in shock. Alexander came running over and pulled the two apart, practically throwing Ella onto the ground. "Philip! That's a Jefferson!" He growled.

"She saved my life! I love how you don't care that I almost died but the fact that I kissed your enemy's daughter!" Philip screamed. He moved away from his father, ignoring the pain shooting throughout his body, and went to where Ella had landed when Alexander moved her from Philip. "Are you ok?" He whispered. Ella nodded slightly.

Alexander just stood there. 'Did I just... how could I be such a horrible person? Especially to my son, my pride and joy. How am I going to tell Betsy about Laurens? How am I going to make this all up to Philip?'

"Philip.... I'm sorry" Alexander walked up to the teenagers. "I don't know why who I don't like should have an impact on your life. Are you alright Eleanor?"

"You can call me Ella, and I'm alright."

"Are you two alright?" Frances asked running up to the others with her dad close behind her.

"We're fine Frances." Ella said. "Is that your dad?"

"Hey you're the guy my pops was kissing!" Philip yelled.

"It's not his fault Pip... It's mine" Alexander said, trying to keep Philip from fighting anyone but him. "Kids, meet John Laurens, my best friend"

"And secret lover" Philip and Ella muttered at the same time. They looked at each other and silently laughed.

"Dad you two aren't going to be kissing anymore, right?" Frances asked in a sassy manner.

"Right" John said, ruffling his daughter's hair.

"We should probably head home" Alexander said. All three boys went to get the care ready for Alexander, Philip, and Ella's long trip back home.

"Here" Ella handed Frances a piece of paper with her phone number scribbled down on it.

"What's this?" Frances asked, taking the small piece of paper.

"My phone number. 98 percent of the time I'm not doing anything, so feel free to call or text me" Ella laughed.

Frances smiled. "Thanks"

Ella smiled and got ready for a really awkward car ride.

—time skip to after the long car ride because I'm not doing that again—

Alexander went to greet his wife while Philip and Ella stayed in the car for a moment.

"Philip are we going to tell your mother?" Ella asked.

"About Pa.... I-I don't know..."

"We have to tell her"

They sighed in defeat. They just didn't know what to do.

Angelica walked over to the car where Ella and Philip were. "Hey guys!"

"Hey Angie" Ella half-heartedly smiled, still thinking about what happen during that trip.

"How was the trip?" Angelica asked.

"It was...." The older kids looked at each other, then back to Angelica. "Interesting" Philip said.