23~ A Promise

It hurt. It hurt so badly. Izuku's legs gave out, and all he could do was scream in pain. But he knew he had to keep going, he had to protect them with his hearts content. Ochako on the other hand, wanted it to end.

"Stop...No, you can't defeat him Deku! Get out of there!" She yelled, even though he couldn't hear her. She then went to go and run out there to him, but found herself trapped in a pair of cold and hot arms. "No, let me go! He needs my help! No!" She screamed and kicked, like a toddler throwing a fit.

"I can't let you do that. You can't go out there! Uraraka! Listen to me!" He said as he turned her around, and grabbed her shoulders. "You can't go out there. I made a promise with him."

~Flashback~

Knock knock

Shoto was sitting at his desk, doing class work, when he suddenly heard a knock at his door.

"Come in." He called. He was expecting, and slightly hoping, for Momo. But was instead met with his curly green headed friend. "Midoriya? What brings you here?"

"I came to talk to you about something." The greenette said, with a serious look on his face.

"Well what is it?" The half and half boy asked. Midoriya just sighed and clenched his fists. He needed to get this out. He needed to make sure, she would always be okay, even if he wasn't there to protect her.

"When I was...gone, you and Ochako grew close, right?" The green eyed boy asked, to which the other nodded. "I know that she trusts you, and I trust you greatly. But, the villains that captured me are still out there, and I have a feeling, they'll want to strike again. So, if it comes down to it, I need you to promise me Ochako will be safe, no matter what."

"Midoriya, what're you-"

"I'm dense, not stupid Todoroki. I know your way better than me, at a lot of things. That's why, if for some reason I can't be there to help her, I need you to. Protect her, make sure she doesn't do anything stupid, that'll get her killed. Can you promise me that?" The successor asked him. The heterochromatic boy sat there, with an unreadable expression, clearly thinking about something.

"Would you do the same?" Todoroki finally asked, breaking out of his intense gaze.

"What?" Midoriya asked, confused as to what he was implying.

"Would you do the same? For Momo, if our roles were reversed or if something happened to me. Would you do the same?" The Icyhot boy asked, with an intense gaze that stared right into Midoriya's soul.

"Y-yeah." He answered, quickly losing his seriousness and confidence he had moments before.

"Then I promise."

~Present~

Ochako had stopped fighting and instead turned her attention back towards Izuku. But she quickly wished she didn't. He was laying on the ground, just bleeding and he laid there, with eyes that showed no emotion, and looked, almost...lifeless. Then her own knees buckled, as the tears started to gather in her eyes. All she could do, was look at his green eyes, ones that always seemed to shine, even in darkest of places. She couldn't hold it in anymore, she lets the tears come, and slowly fill her with sadness. Then his eyes flicked to her at the window, she gasped, and he winked. But then she saw no more movement come from him again.

"What is he doing?" She asked, voice barely above a whisper. She then smirked, she should've known, it's Deku after all.

"He's got a plan."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Soooooo, let's just say, Deku isn't the only one with something up his sleeve. 😏 Hope you liked it. Enjoy your day/night!