pitiful prank

Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Nguyen and Venus stood on the edge of the Black Lake, tossing rocks into the water just as she had seen many people doing before her. "I bet I can get my rock to skip further than yours." The Asian girl challenged.

"You're on." They both picked their rock of choice and threw it with all their might, but Venus was the ultimate winner. "Yes!"

"Alright you win, what do you want as your prize."

Venus pretended to think for a moment, but ultimately knew what she wanted to ask the girl. "I want to know why you asked me out." Venus had been having an amazing day, but she hadn't felt anything unusual. Just two friends skipping rocks together, hanging out like she does with Thea or Rosie. She was pretty sure Nguyen felt the same way.

"To be honest, I do think you're an amazing person." She started, making Venus blush at the compliment. She was used to her friends complimenting her, but hearing it from someone else made her cheeks redden. "I think under any other circumstances, I would have wanted to have a relationship with you." Venus offered the girl her hand to hold. It was a friendly gesture.

"When my father found out I was. . . Lesbian, he took me out of my all girls school. I guess he thought if I was around boys I'd magically turn straight." said Nguyen.

"That's terrible." Venus frowned. "You're dad has no right to shame you for loving who you love."

"I was in a relationship with this girl when he forced me to break it off. I'm sorry if I lead you on Venus, I guess I thought it would be easy for me to get over her."

"Don't feel bad, Nguyenny. I'm glad you asked me out, because you're an amazing person to be around." The Hufflepuff placed a comforting hand on the girls shoulder. Even though they were just platonic, Nguyen's heart swelled at the gesture, feeling nothing but kindness from the girl in front of her.

"Now that we're friends, can we go inside? It is way too cold to be outside right now." She mentioned, referencing the fact that she was wearing two jackets and still felt the icy weather. Venus agreed, and stretched out her hand to help the other girl stand up from her previous position sitting on the grass.

"James, no."

"Sirius, did you hear something?"

"Can't say I did James."

Remus groaned, bringing both of his hands to his face. "You cannot sabotage their date just for my sake. That's mean and wrong." He tried to reason, but the two boys pretended not to hear their wolfish friends protests.