ikalimang kabanata

forgive me for typos or errors and thank you for reaching this far. all the love!

________________________________________________________________

Insecure

That night, the girls took advantage of my innocence and gave me a cheap gin you can find in every sari-sari store. Don't get me wrong, it was hellish and I totally got drunk but I only found out it was cheap when I googled it online weeks after. I talked to them about it and Sam being herself told me she didn't want to spend money on something I'd eventually vomit or pee out of my system. She wasn't wrong though, I found out that I am the vomit type. After getting dizzy I would eventually vomit then feel better, therefore I go for more shots and vomit again. It was a cycle because for the most part, I did the drinking and the rest did more eating.

Surprisingly after doing what Kiko told me to do in the morning, my day (although still light headed) went fine. I swore to myself that morning that I wouldn't get wasted again. I didn't like the feeling in the morning even if I enjoyed the night. I'm glad I did it even if I kinda regret getting too drunk. That was my point in the first place. I wanted to get a taste of it so that I could experience it first hand. Either I like it or not, my choice isn't based on what people tell me.

A few more months passed, halfway in to December, and it was finally the holiday break. The Gallegos were bound to Europe for the holidays and they left early. I was stuck with Tati again.

"I feel jealous Sash, buy me those din! I'll send you the money ASAP," excited na sabi ni Tati.

Nasa kwarto ko kami since it's a Sunday. We aren't allowed to go out since it's family day. We're actually going to eat together for merienda downstairs and since Tati's here, she's my plus one. Namimili ako ng susuotin dahil kapag ganitong pagkakataon siguradong pagkatapos ay magyayayaan kaming pumunta kung saan. That's how random my family is.

Ka video call namin sina Sasha while they're shopping. Of course Tati will have to have a say with whatever they shop. That's how things are ever since. I personally don't enjoy shopping so I wasn't interested sa usapan nila.

As per usual, I ended up with just a simple baby tee and high waisted shorts. Natapos na akong suotin ang napiling damit ay hindi pa din tapos si Tatiana na magtuturo ng gusto niya.

"Tito's gonna get mad at you if you spend all your allowance again this early in to the school break," puna ko.

"I'll find my way through my dad's anger eventually. Don't worry! Tsaka these are investments."

"Tara na bumaba. If you wan't to continue the call you can naman, just wear your earpods."

Nang bumaba kami ay lumabas kami sa may bandang garden ng bahay. The table was already set. Different types of bread was arranged in the middle, may pansit, may turon (my favorite), and other snacks. I was so excited so was my tummy so I sat agad beside kuya Alas. Tati was so occupied with their conversation sa call kaya doon na siya umupo sa tabi ni kuya Enzo. There was still a empty chair beside me and when I was about to gesture for her to sit there, Kiko appeared right there.

"That's Kiko's sit, Ash," sabi ni kuya Alas.

My mouth probably formed a huge o. I stood and sat opposite of Tati to make space for him. Ayaw ko ng gulo, as I said when I first met him. I don't want his attention. 

This is probably the closest we have been. His elbows are almost touching mine while we were eating the foods. Hindi ako makagalaw ng ayos dahil takot na takot akong tuluyang magtama ang aming mga siko.

"So Ross, I heard your Dad is from Batangas daw?" Daddy.

Kakasubo niya lang ng pansit kaya nagsenyas siya ng hintay bago mabilis na nginuya at nilunok ang nasa bibig. Natatawa tawa pa siya sa ginawa habang sumasagot, "Yes tito. My grandparents are still there. They own lands for tubo daw and I they handle their resorts."