Starting Over

Daisy's POV
It's been pretty lonely in the house and there has only been just enough money to get by. I feel as if I'm taking advantage of Oswald. Our relationship should be 50/50 and I should be helping out. I decided to throw together a resume. It was pretty hard considering I have only had one other job at a small diner. But it's the thought that counts right? I thought to do my hair and makeup all fancy like. When Oswald sees me he will be surprised because I never get dressed up. I threw on some jeans a nice top. After I printed 39 copies threw on my boots, jacket and hat than left. I walked down the street and started at the coffee shop and headed through the town. When I started I was so nervous and felt like everybody was starring at me but than I thought everybody starts at the bottom so I again felt confident. As I hand in my resume I think about Oswald telling me how beautiful my smile is so I feel confident once more. I went to the mall and handed resumes out to the department stores and I had one left but there were no more stores that I felt could hand any more resumes into so I walk back to the apartment building. As I'm walking home I liked to look down the alley ways and three blocks from home there was a small building at the end of the alley I had never seen before. I find myself drawn to the store. I tried to make out what the building was but the I was facing the back of it. I came around the front and seen it was a bakery. I knew the street but I have never seen a building here but it looked pretty new with cakes and loafs of bread and a sign in the window saying help wanted. My face lit up as I ran into the store with a huge smile on my face. I rang the small bell on the counter as an old lady just over 4ft sticks her head over the counter and says "can I help you?" She had brown hair just starting to grey, slicked back in a ponytail her apron had Icing and batter stains. I smiled and said "yes,can I hand in a resume?"
Her face immediately lit up and said yes your hired! I yelled out with excitement "thank you so much!" She than said can you come around back and help me? I agreed and asked if I could call and inform my fiancé. I quickly called Oswald, not expecting him to pick up and he didn't so I left a message saying I would be home late. I ran around back to meet her. She stuck her hand out at me and said "hi my names Coralline". I shook her hand and told her my name. She first explained how her son loves sweets and how she wanted to own a bakery but the only problem was her baked goods were terrible. Coralline was so happy when I told her that I loved to bake and could help her. Judging from the outside this place looked amazing but on the inside it was shit. The bread and cake in the front was plastic so I knew I had to help her out. I told her I would return tomorrow early with a new menu, ingredients and recipes. She hugged me very tight and thanked me. On my way home I stopped at the grocery store to get some baking necessities like sugar, flower, vanilla, cocoa and much more. I made it home around seven about an hour before Oswald so I get started on fresh bread because I knew that would take the longest. After the bread I was in the zone and started writing down recipes for different type of cakes, cupcakes, appetizers and pastries. By 8:30 I got my bread in a pan and in the oven and started on pastries when Oswald came through the door with a shocked and surprised look. "Can I have some he said?" I than to him everything that happened today and how I want to start helping out with the bills. He smiled and told me how I didn't have to. I than told him about Caroline and her son and how I had to help them. He kissed me on the lips and said he was proud of me but he was really tired so he laid down in the bedroom and watched shows for a few hours till he fell asleep. I ended up going to sleep at 2:30am. I completed fifty cupcakes in vanilla, chocolate and marble, fifty different pastries and ten loaves of bread. Oswald woke me up at 6:35 asking me if I needed a ride to the bakery. I instantly got up and into the shower. When I got dressed an all ready I went out to the kitchen to see Oswald packing everything into portable containers. He told me the baking ingredients were already packed in the car I hugged him and grabbed a few containers and ran down to the car with him and off we went. We had no problem finding the bakery. Before I got out I looked at Oswald and told him "this is us officially starting over, we have been through too much together and now here comes the positive side of us" we kissed and Oswald helped me bring the stuff into the bakery.