one

Every day, without fail Jeongguk, watches the extremely beautiful guy dominate the tides that curve near the shoreline on this neon board-like contraption better than his friends, the dolphins and seagulls. 

Jeongguk watches as he rides them effortlessly like he was born to glide over the water.

"I bet he's Poseidon's boon or something, that's why he's so good at taming the waves Father sends.", Jeongguk mumbles to himself with his chin lounging on his folded arms on the large rock close by the shore, covering his presence.

"If he was Poseidon's boon wouldn't that sort of make him your uncle?", Yoongi who is beside him in the water states.

"No! Ew! Yoonie it's not like that! He just has the same element! He would have father's approval though.", Jeongguk sighed again. 

"He should be a merman."

"What element?", Yoongi questions.

"Element of surprise!", Jimin shouted as he popped his head out from the water. 

"What are you guys looking at? Is Jeongguk looking at the human again?"

Jimin loves to come up to the surface and mess with children. Jeongguk picked up a rock and threw it at him.

"When does Jeongguk not watch the human who rides the waves? He got in trouble yesterday with the King because he was away for too long again."

Jeongguk furrowed his eyebrows, shoved Yoongi. 

"Because you wouldn't keep your mouth shut! You kept on nagging me from the moment we got back."

"It's for your safety!"

Jeongguk shook his head, returned his focus on the human who is still riding the waves, he ignored everything that Yoongi was saying. He didn't want to deal with anything that would ruin his mood.

"I'll calm down once I know his name, then that'll be it. I'll be done." 

He gave a small smirk, adjusting his arms on the rock. 

"Isn't he just so gorgeous? I've never seen a man quite like him before. I'm jealous of the sea."

"We can tell.", Jimin stated.

Jeongguk rolled his eyes. 

"Yoonie, when you find someone better than any other mermaid in the sea, come back and tell me because you obviously haven't seen anything that makes your heart move."

Yoongi splashed water into Jeongguk's face. 

"You're too young to know anything! You don't know what love is!"

"And you do?"

"Of course I know!" 

Yoongi huffed. 

 "I'll tell you when you know what love is."

Jimin giggled. 

"Ah, love. It sounds appealing to be in love.", he wiggled from his place on the rock. 

Jeongguk is a little merman. He's the youngest of all his siblings. Yoongi once told him, his age in human years is equivalent to twenty-two years old. 

Being the youngest, Jeongguk is often doted on by everyone else. 

Everyone pays extra attention to the youngest. Sometimes that attention is too much, so he escapes from the stuffy place to explore the Seven Seas.

During one of his little explorations, he stumbled upon a little cove in the Eastern Oceans. Jeongguk remembers his siblings told him that there are warm waters, and great sights to see in there.

He wasn't the best at navigating but he took a left and somehow he ended up in the Yellow Sea. He once heard the locals call it 'Jeju'.

Jeongguk only knows this place for the extremely attractive man who tames the seas with his neon board.

"We should get going soon.", Yoongi tugged on Jeongguk's hand. 

"The King won't like it if you're out past high tide again."

Jeongguk stared down at Yoongi with pleading eyes. 

"Please Yoonie, can we just stay until he leaves? He doesn't seem done yet." 

Yoongi knew he couldn't fight against Jeongguk, who had his best pout and doe eyes gawking at him.

Yoongi sighed, getting comfortable as they watched the human again. 

"You're in too deep Jeongguk."

"I know." 

He says, with a sad look on his face. 

"Can you blame me? He was made to dance on water."