twelve

Jeongguk walks out in Taehyung's clothes. The sleeves were too long on his arms and Taehyung's shoulders were much broader than his, his hands were practically swallowed by the clothing, but the pants fit well, a little tight around the thighs. 

"How do I look?" 

Jeongguk asks Taehyung, spinning around with his arms up to the side.

Taehyung sets down the food on the table, wiping his hands on the apron tied around his waist. 

"Better than naked."

Jeongguk furrowed his eyebrows, pulled the sleeves up on his arms, walked swiftly to the table. 

"It smells amazing!"

Jeongguk took a deep breath. Taehyung handed him a bowl of steamed rice. Taehyung immediately puts his nose into the hot rice. 

"Ouch!"

"What are you doing?"

"Smelling human food!"

"Okay, you must have hit your head really hard." 

Taehyung sat across from Jeongguk, who stared at him intensely. 

Jeongguk watched as Taehyung took the utensils into his hands, first the spoon in his left and the chopsticks on his right. Jeongguk tries to imitate Taehyung.

"Well, aren't you going to eat?"

"You first.", he pouted.

"Ah, you think I might have poisoned the food or something. Don't worry, I'm not evil. I made it spicy though. Can you handle spicy?"

"Spicy?" 

Taehyung clicked his tongue.

"Spicy, hot. Just try it for yourself."

Jeongguk nodded his head, scooping his soup with the spoon, just like what Taehyung did.

Cautiously, he slurps the broth. Taehyung waited for his reaction. Jeongguk contorts his face, Taehyung doesn't really know what his facial expression means. 

"Is it good?"

Jeongguk beams at him happily, giving him a thumbs up. 

"Really nice! Really good!"

"Is it too spicy for you?" 

Jeongguk took another spoon full of the soup, shaking his head when he slurped it all in one go.

"Good. I was afraid, because, I don't really know your preferences, I didn't put too much spicy, but enough to make it spicy.", he rambled.

"It's really good Taehyung! Really yummy!"

"My parents will be home for dinner tonight. We can meet them at the shack later."

Jeongguk tilts his head to the side.

"Okay, we can go after we eat breakfast then. I don't have work until the afternoon. So have you ever been here before, you know Jeju?"

Jeongguk just stares at him blankly. 

"Right, right. You don't remember. Okay, how about we go out tomorrow and I can show you around the city and the place?"

"A date?" 

Jeongguk had heard that humans would move around different places on land with someone they loved, and called it a 'date'. 

Taehyung laughed.

"If you want to call it a date."

"Does this mean Taehyung loves me already?" 

Jeongguk stares at him with his mouth agape.

Taehyung choked on his soup. He began punching his chest repeatedly. 

Jeongguk doesn't know what to do. He hands him the glass of water. This is the second time he's almost killed Taehyung, and it's only been two days since the first time they met at the beach on the storm. Jeongguk feels horrible.

Taehyung took the cup from Jeongguk, chugging down the water quickly. 

"No, no. I don't love you. I'm just showing you around, you nutcase. It's been two hours since we met."

"Oh.", Jeongguk sighed, shrinking back into his seat, lower lip protruding outward slightly. 

Taehyung coughed once more before he stood up and gathered his empty plates.

"Just finish your food. We'll go as soon as you're done." 

Taehyung walked away from the table, leaving Jeongguk by himself.

Jeongguk's face hits the table when Taehyung is not in the room.

I can't do anything right, he thinks.