fourteen

Taehyung, Jeongguk quickly recognised, was quite inconsistent. His emotions never matched up. One moment he would be cheery, cracking jokes with the customers, or even playing around with them. Then the next moment, he would seclude himself from the people, ride a surfboard out to the sea and stay there for some time.

He didn't lie when he said he loved the sea. Jeongguk watched him from the beach, his knees tucked close to his chest. He wonders what goes through his mind whenever he's out at sea. Jeongguk reached for the pendant around his neck, thinking about his family. 

"I haven't seen Yoongi or Jimin."

Jeongguk stands up suddenly, the sand from the crevices in his clothes falling out. He began to pace around the beach, wondering where they could have gone. He doesn't even know how they look like as humans.

In a state of panic, he didn't realize Taehyung returned from the sea. 

"Hey, what's wrong? Why are you pacing?"

Jeongguk turns to Taehyung with tear glazed eyes.

"When you found me, did you see anyone else? Did you see anyone else today wearing a pendant just like mine?" 

Jeongguk shows Taehyung the blue seashell around his neck. Taehyung shakes his head.

"I haven't, but I'll keep an eye out for that. I'll ask around." 

Jeongguk shakes his head. 

"We all have similar necklaces."

"I'll go ask Hoseok, he's the life guard on duty today."

"Thank you so much."

"No problem."

Jeongguk didn't wait very long. Hoseok, he assumed, came holding the hand of a smaller person. He was beautiful. His eyes were bright. His lips were gorgeous. 

Jeongguk gets a closer look at him, there was something familiar about this human. 

"Jimin!" 

He runs towards them.

Jimin smiles, opening up his arms for Jeongguk. 

"Your legs look gorgeous!" 

Jimin chuckles, running his hand through his hair.

"Being human is nice. I can see why you wanted to be one so badly." 

Taehyung and Hoseok weren't following their conversation. They just left them to be.

"Where's Yoongi?"

"We took the potion right after you came up to the land. Yoongi was right beside me, but I think he went to find the human he fell in love with a long time ago. For me, well-" 

Jimin glanced at Hoseok the lifeguard. 

"He saved me."

"Is he taking care of you?" 

Jimin nods his head.

"He said I can stay with him until I get better."

"I'm just happy you're safe, and Yoongi is safe, too."

"Don't worry, he knows what he's doing."

"You're right. If you ever need me I'm actually working over there with Taehyung."

"You're already in contact with your human?" 

Jeongguk nods his head.