sixteen

Taehyung decided to show Jeongguk around town, his parents thought that would jog his memory.

Taehyung drove them to an amusement park at the edge of town. 

"So, if there's anything I like to do, it's to come to the amusement park with my friends."

"You have friends?" 

Jeongguk looks at him suspiciously. 

"I can't believe that." 

Taehyung scowls, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Better believe it. My friends are great. I have a lot, Jin, Hoseok and Minjae are my best friends."

"I want to meet Taehyung's friends."

"What are you saying? You just met Hoseok. You know, the lifeguard? And you eventually will, if you stay around with us for a while." 

Jeongguk liked the sound of that, being involved in Taehyung's future.

"We're here." 

Taehyung stated, pulling the car into the parking lot.

Jeongguk steps out of the car, with his eyes wide open and mouth slightly ajar. 

"This is huge." 

He whispered to himself. 

"What are those?"

Jeongguk pointed to the roller coasters that bent and curved. Taehyung pointed his head in the direction they're supposed to move. 

"You want to ride those?" 

Taehyung asked, as they walked toward the entrance of the amusement park.

Jeongguk shook his head. 

"I don't think I-"

Taehyung grabs Jeongguk's hand. 

"You're walking too slow. Come on, we have to go. There's a first time for everything."

They go through the rides that don't take them over several stories high first. Jeongguk was having the time of his life enjoying the sickeningly sweet human foods, and the thrilling rides made him feel like a daredevil. 

Jeongguk was trying to push them to go ride one of the roller coasters, but Taehyung didn't know if he could stomach the height. Something his friends always picked on him for.

"How about we go there?" 

Taehyung pointed to the Ferris wheel in the middle of the park.

Jeongguk quirks an eyebrow. Going in circles didn't seem fun. 

"You sure you want to ride that?" 

Taehyung nodded. It was a slow ride, the height wouldn't bother him much.

"Okay." 

Taehyung lead the way to the Ferris wheel. 

Taehyung told himself he could handle it.

He couldn't. 

Taehyung didn't dare to sit opposite of Jeongguk. He sat beside him instead, gripping the former's arm to his body. 

"You okay?" 

Taehyung shakes his head, keeping his eyes shut tight.

"I'm a fucking pussy, I'm sorry, okay? Heights are terrifying."

He ran his hand through Taehyung's hair in an attempt to calm him down.

Jeongguk thought of his first deep sea swim. 

'Don't look down, JenJen. Just look at my eyes, I'll hold your hand.', Yoongi had told him.

"Don't look down, TaeTae. Just look at me."

He intertwined their hands. He flushed when he let the nickname slip. 

Taehyung seemed too scared to care.

"I'm sorry, Jeongguk." 

Jeongguk chuckled running his hand through Taehyung's hair again.

"Okay, look into my eyes, first."

Jeongguk put made eye contact with Taehyung as he pulled his face closer by the chin.

"How about this, look up. Just look into my eyes. Forget the surroundings."

Taehyung was silent. His eyes telling nothing.

"Forget the depth- I mean, height."

Taehyung said nothing. His eyes were telling stories Jeongguk couldn't decipher.

There was something in the air. A thick tension. Jeongguk felt a feeling he couldn't describe. A foreign feeling. He supposed it was a new emotion. A human emotion.

Taehyung said nothing. 

Jeongguk had nothing to say.

Three days left.