twenty

The fourth day comes to an end. Taehyung and Jeongguk sit by the edge of the rocks watching the tide. Together they watch the moon that glows in its dark chamber. They listen to the waves. 

Jeongguk wonders, if Taehyung had fallen in love with him. There was only one more entire day until the magic wears off. His necklace changed colours from bright azure to pale blue.

He fiddled with the pendant while looking out into the vast ocean.

"The sea calms me down.", Taehyung began. Jeongguk stopped and turned to Taehyung who continued to talk, while he faced the sea he was speaking of. 

"I'm not, uh, Ma and Pa's kid. They said they found me by the beach during a storm." 

Jeongguk frowned but kept quiet nonetheless. 

"Who would be heartless enough to abandon their child like that, right? Instead of loathing the beach, I grew to cherish it. I don't know who my real parents were, or where they are, but I wonder if they love the ocean too." 

Jeongguk looked at his old home, never had he thought that a human would love it this much. 

"That's why it scared me when I found you lying there by rock. I really thought you were a goner. I'm not good with people leaving, and being left behind. I've had my fair share of that and it's not nice."

"The ocean calms me down, too." 

Jeongguk took Taehyung's hand into his own, lightly intertwining the two. The winds were getting colder. 

"I'm not afraid of the unknown. I feel like the ocean has so much to offer. There's so much life happening." 

Jeongguk is quiet for a moment, remembering that he left without saying goodbye to his family.

 "I know what it feels like to leave without saying a word."

"I feel you. I feel like, I know the ocean much better than anything I've ever known. Sometimes, I have these dreams of being surrounded by nothing but pure blue, falling from the top of the ocean. It doesn't scare me, though. I feel safe. I feel like I know my path even when I'm just in the middle of nowhere."

Their eyes met. 

"Would you think I'm mad when I say, I feel like I belong in the ocean?" 

Jeongguk laughs.

"You can be a siren and I'll be the fool who follows you. And, I won't leave you, Taehyung. I promise."

"You promise? You sure are confident for someone I just met a while ago." 

Taehyung leans in slowly. 

Jeongguk's eyes flutter shut.

Taehyung flicks his forehead and laughs. 

"Nutcase."

Jeongguk groans and grabs Taehyung face. He presses his lips and steals a kiss. Taehyung is left gawking.